1975 LP Custom Alpine White

HARDWEAR

Reaction score
Yeah it is....but still a good deal for someone that may be looking for this particular axe.

roodyrocker

Reaction score
Just to clear up the Rhoads thing, Randy's 74 did not have the Anniversay logo on the fretboard. Some 74-75 LPC's had it and some did not.

Rudy

HARDWEAR

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. It was getting a lil bit confusing as to which one was sought after the most.

wizard1183

Reaction score
My '74 doesn't have it. I did notice he said the pots arent original neither the case. Id ask him to drop the price considering its not 100% original. Though looks really great!

mgrmatt

Reaction score
I would also like to get a look inside the control cavity, you know the pots have been changed see if anything else has been changed?

hrfdez

Reaction score
How much changing the pots affects the value of it? It looks really nice indeed.

I would never see guitar as an investment, but I would play the heck out of it, lol.....

ant_riv

Reaction score
Generally, changed parts (pots, hardware, etc.) affect the price negatively from a collectible standpoint, as "all original" is considered most collectible.

Oddly enough, it doesn't matter if the changed parts actually make the guitar a better player.
Worn backs, etc. also generally negatively affect value, unless it is a modern relic, then it increases value.
That is where the term "player" comes from when referencing used guitars. Changed parts or excess wear.

If those things don't matter to you, it helps to get a better price on a very nice guitar.

Latest Threads