1975 Les paul standard value

Orjobet

Reaction score
NOTHING wrong with a NASHVILLE bridge..nothing..in fact, it is SUPERIOR to the ABR-1..yeah, I said it.
Hi, At this time we put just a second wheel to gain on stability, but the sound was different!
So with this insert the sound is completely different!
Is no more vintage sound, that why I said if it's for vintage this could not fit.
It fit for modern sound.
For reference just look at the old Les Paul
From 68-69 they sound more woody then metal!!!

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
it is your imagination, nothing more.......I have put double thumb wheels on lots of ABR's and there was never any noticeable sound change.....and if you really believe there is, take it off.

Hi, At this time we put just a second wheel to gain on stability, but the sound was different!
So with this insert the sound is completely different!
Is no more vintage sound, that why I said if it's for vintage this could not fit.
It fit for modern sound.
For reference just look at the old Les Paul
From 68-69 they sound more woody then metal!!!

ARandall

Reaction score
^ I think this depends a lot of the guitar. I had one LP that the sound was so incredibly different after a Faber nashville insert style abr conversion, that even the guys doing the work commented on how much it had changed.
On other guitars where I've done exactly the same conversion on I have noticed no change - and thats me intimately knowing the tone of the guitar.

Moby Dick

Reaction score
Today is really your lucky day MD!!

now that you mention it.....

I also have a 1982 Custom with everything 100% stock with speedwinders and Shaw pups.

I can’t see your photo because photobucket...
Post a picky via another hosting site so I can see the pretty...
And...

How much?

Last edited:

Mockbel

Reaction score
Not to mention, my real desire is a 1980-1984 custom with Shaw’s and speedwinder Schallers.
This ends it all :thumb: if you have a specific target.. don't compromise and get a painkiller !

Good luck in your search...

Orjobet

Reaction score
it is your imagination, nothing more.......I have put double thumb wheels on lots of ABR's and there was never any noticeable sound change.....and if you really believe there is, take it off.
Absolutely not my imagination....
Just reality!!!
And it was in 1970 not now
Don’t say Nashville bridge is superior to an ABR-1 bridge
It’s just different, better for intonation and more metal sound but not good on a vintage guitar!!!
Imagine à Nashville bridge on a old Gibson Les Paul 1959 !!!! No! don’t imagine and don’t Put a Nashville Bridge to an old Gibson!!! It’s not a good idea and it would devalue the instrument.

bblooz

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
It's a "player grade" instrument with the modifications and current condition. With it currently being a buyers market, I wouldn't even give two grand for that instrument at this time. Keep looking, some nice stuff is still out there.