1975 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top

ARandall

Reaction score
We understood perfectly what you were trying to say. You were just wrong, and used poor reasoning.
Hopefully now you've learned a thing or two, and can move forward with enjoying your guitar (and maybe purchasing others like it) with the added knowledge you have gained - no longer thinking multipieces automatically make for a compromised instrument.

msalama

Reaction score
than multiple pieces glued together
Depends entirely on the adhesive used. Use glue fit for the purpose and you won't notice a thing, whereas using anything elastic will definitely kill its tone and sustain.

Deftone

Reaction score
Depends entirely on the adhesive used. Use glue fit for the purpose and you won't notice a thing, whereas using anything elastic will definitely kill its tone and sustain.
I heard Gibson uses Rubber cement.

PlainAllman

Reaction score
I think it’s beautiful. Gold tops aren’t my favorite but if it’s a 75 then it would be the perfect year for me having been born the same year. Only issue that concerns me, and I’m no expert but, shouldn’t the serial number start with 99? It’s hard to tell but the best I can make out it starts with a 5.
87B867C3-A0C1-4A97-9F2F-4C15D57B1C03.jpg

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
only if it was a decal applied serial number (and this is not)...stamped serial could have started with about anything.

There's a great thread here concerning identification of these guitars that show the serial number change from 75-77..it is a good read.

no one can see those pics anyways.

zdoggie

Reaction score
they have to put it together in some fashion and I guess glue is the answer!

zdog

Latest Threads