1971 Les Paul deluxe gold top

72lespaul

Reaction score
[/it's a 71 - from pots and the serial number, and I checked with gibson. They made 3341 LPDGT that year. Serial number is 966283

grumphh

Reaction score
and I checked with gibson.
Oh, damn, i should never have doubted you, we all know how cool Gibson are about giving out info on early 70's Norlins, and their serial no. dating service is second to none...
...yeah, Gibson is one company that has its s#it together, man. :yesway:

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
[/it's a 71 - from pots and the serial number, and I checked with gibson. They made 3341 LPDGT that year. Serial number is 966283
I seen in a old 2013 thread that you was using this listing to figure what the production numbers are for 1971 Gold Top Deluxe.... that list is highly misleading and not produced by Gibson.

6B8308CA-5E8E-4C67-B2CB-B6EDCD57D564.jpeg

There are a number of incorrect numbers here.... the total of 1979 Les Paul Customs on the bottom line is a joke....1699....there was a greater number of Customs in 1979 than there was in 1978.... a fact that reflects how many are available today.

I wouldn’t trust the accuracy of that list.

Last edited:

mudface

Boo Bee
Reaction score
I know the market right know is just stupid..... and if the OP is in China the market should reflect even more stupid... how rare is a ‘70s Deluxe in China?..... I would assume pretty damn rare. So what ever the market is here in the US doesn’t mean squat shit to a buyer in China.

I might suggest selling it to a factory in China that manufacture Gibson counterfeits..... maybe they can analyze this and then produce a decent forgery.....:rofl:I’m joking of course.

Again.... I wish you well with your sale.

72lespaul

Reaction score

mudface

Boo Bee
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer, I think... The guitar hasn’t changed in 8 years I don’t play out with it. So guys is there a consensus on real value presuming you take my word for it? I’m not asking for a George Gruhn appraisal although I am sure it would pass it.
The Covid inflation price hike and vintage hype aside,....i think both are B.S.

I would believe an average in great condition Gold Top Deluxe from this era would expect $4000 USD in the United States.
A 1972 with Gibson stamped pickup covers would be worth more..........$500 plus depending on condition.
(Now people could ask for more for whatever reasons they want,... in my opinion it aint worth more than a nice Historic)

Outside the USA a bit more could be considered.

GearHo

Reaction score
Your guitar should go for 5k in the US, check reverb.

a 73 just sold for 5k from Garret Park guitars. There are two others that are asking 5300, one of those I made an offer of 4800 and it was declined. Hope this helps.

Dilver

Reaction score
Nice guitar. Why does your bridge look… odd?

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
not only is it a Nashville (that was not produced in 71), but the bridge looks like that because there's something that has caused all of the adjustments to be maxed out, so buyer beware.

So, you said in your opening post that the guitar was 100% originial, but the case is from later than 1975 and the bridge is from 1975 or later, but we are to just take your word that the guitar is from 1971 and not question it?

It looks like if you want a value, you should ask @Oranjeaap. maybe go to a PM, if needed.

I make no apologies for my postings, if you ask for a valuation from me, you had better expect I will also ask for pics and some detailed questions from you to be sure of what we are actually talking about.

The inconsistencies from your posts shows why, too.

If you do not like that, go see Trogly, he will give you an estimate....for a fee.

Last edited:

Latest Threads