1971 Gibson SG Deluxe

Meclazine2

Reaction score
OK,

Latest and greatest gear to join the stable.

A 1971 Gibson SG Deluxe with a Gibsonesque Bigsby thing on the end to make restringing so much easier. If you thought restringing your guitar was difficult, restringing the high B and E strings on this guitar is quite literally a two man job.

A 1967 Fender Stratocaster in Candy Apple Red on Daphne Blue (all-original) with original tags and receipt of purchase from the owner.

A couple of amps.

(L-R)

A 1964 Fender Champ

A 1958 Fender Tremolux

A 1960 Fender Princeton (retweeded)

The Gibson SG Deluxe has all it's original components untouched. Patent number pickups etc and when plugged into my Marshall's, sounds sublime with a nice smooth action. But that crunch and sharp attack is ridiculous. Finally got that exact AC-DC early sound.

I can also understand why Angus Young took the Gibson Bigsby off one of his guitars. When you push down it comes back into tune, but when you pull up, it's more likely to stay up, so you need to use your ear to lower it back down into the correct position again.

Vintage guitars. Gotta love 'em.

BA-CHEE

Reaction score
WoW, Nice Gear you have there, That Stratocaster sure don't look like Candy Apple Red on my lousy
computer screen , it sorta looks like bronze to me , perhaps the AZTEC BRONZE that was offered as a color option on the 60's Firebirds ? Me still likey your amp collection they are SHAKA ZULU !!! :headbanger:

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Being the SG nut that I am, I can't help drooling over your nice vintage Deluxe. Did they not make a Vibrola in those years? I'll bet those pickups sound KILLER!

kakerlak

Reaction score
WoW, Nice Gear you have there, That Stratocaster sure don't look like Candy Apple Red on my lousy computer screen , it sorta looks like bronze to me , perhaps the AZTEC BRONZE that was offered as a color option on the 60's Firebirds ?
If it got clear-coated at the factory (really hit-or-miss on custom color Fenders), then it'll tend to orange out like that. Red/pink guitars end up a little orange, blue guitars end up green, silver ends up gold, white ends up yellow, burgundy mist ends up kind of brownish, etc.

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
A 1971 Gibson SG Deluxe with a Gibsonesque Bigsby thing on the end to make restringing so much easier. If you thought restringing your guitar was difficult, restringing the high B and E strings on this guitar is quite literally a two man job.

I can also understand why Angus Young took the Gibson Bigsby off one of his guitars. When you push down it comes back into tune, but when you pull up, it's more likely to stay up, so you need to use your ear to lower it back down into the correct position again.
Actually, it was a real Bigsby, Gibson just had their name engraved on it. Like how the Kluson tuners they used would have "Gibson" engraved on them.

And Angus' SG had a Maestro because it was a 1970 or early '71 before the redesign to Deluxe.

Congrats on the purchase! Pat no. T-Tops are the best pickups IMO.

ARandall

Reaction score
Vibramate spoiler. Turns a 2 man job into a 1 hand job.

Latest Threads