1969 Les Paul Professional Value?

kstultz

Reaction score
I've got a 1969 Les Paul Professional that's been sitting under a bed for the last 30 years and I should probably unload it. It's the model with low impedance pickups and the only thing that's not original is the connector plate where you plug in the cord. It comes with the original transformer that you use to plug it into a high impedance amp. Other than that, the guitar is in very good condition with (obviously) not a lot of wear and tear. It's got a couple of minor nicks, but that's about it.
Would anyone be able to hazard a guess for the value of this thing? I'll try to sell it locally, but I'm pretty unsure of what to ask.
Thanks.

shupe13

Reaction score
$3000-5000 on Reverb.

Rough guess.

Trogly

Reaction score
Asking prices are high on these (notice how its the same seller with most on the Reverb Market?) and they can be hard to sell since most who are in the market would rather get the official "recording" model unless they are collecting. The original Professional are extra heavy in comparison to the recording. I've owned two and they are phenomenal sounding guitars - I can see why Les liked those pickups so much. I sold an all original one with a repaired headstock for $1000 (after quite some time) and another one that had some buckle rash and humbuckers put in for $1100. (both of these are without the original case)

Realistically, you're looking at $1700 - $2300 in excellent condition w/ case if you'd like to sell it and not sit on it forever. https://reverb.com/price-guide/guide/1157-gibson-les-paul-professional-1969-walnut

Best,

Austin

shupe13

Reaction score
I think it'd be awesome to have but way out of my budget. Damn it does look good.

kstultz

Reaction score
This clip from 'Pawn Stars' might be of assistance as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QviIbd-Y6SI
Thanks for the clip. I can remember seeing that episode back when it first aired, but I couldn't remember the exact number that Jesse put on the guitar. Mine is in a little better shape (finish wise) than the one on the show.

FWIW, yesterday I took it to a shop that specializes in vintage guitars and they took it on consignment. The owner and I sat down together and looked at a bunch of pricing guides and web sites and he suggested pricing it at $2495.

Hopefully it moves quickly so I can take the money and buy a new guitar.

kakao

Reaction score
What is the weight of the guitar?

bblooz

Reaction score
Yeah, they're pretty cool, but more for the studio and bedroom play rather than dragging around to gigs. GLWS

kstultz

Reaction score
What is the weight of the guitar?
Between 12.5 and 13 lbs. There was one time in 1980 that I gigged that guitar
4 nights a week for a month. It makes my shoulder hurt just thinking about it.

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
and after ANOTHER year since you asked, I would guess the same thing......if you would check his profile, he has not been here in over a year.

Latest Threads