1969 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop

rustypaul

Reaction score
I bought this 4ish years ago from Vintage Correct Parts in Chicago.

I have so little play time since I bought it (We've had 3 kids in those 4 years), I'll just use the photos from that listing. Nothing has changed.

Listing prices for these seem to be all over the place and I'm so far out of the game, I don't even know. I'm happy to take offers, but for now, I'll throw out $9,500 shipped in Continental US. Feel free to message me about the price being off base.

This is a very early 1969 - Serial number 539... dates this to very early 1969,shipped in February or March
All of the desirable features including:
1950's "deep dish" top carve"
One piece body
One piece neck
long neck tenon
Original finish with natural wear.

Never broken, no repairs.

early-mid 1950's fat profile neck... rare from this era

Duncan Antiquity P-90s
CTS 500k pots with Sprague caps
double ring Kluson tuners are now installed though it once had Grovers tuners
Newer / aged nickel plated aluminum feather weight tailpiece
New / aged ABR-1 bridge with nylon saddles
New / aged custom cut pickguard
Original control knobs
Original Trussrod cover and screws
Original Switchtip
Original rosewood fingerboard has turned nearly jet-black - the GOOD sounding dark stuff!
Original frets / "nibs" are still present, lots of life

I was told that the back of the headstock (only) has been oversprayed - but the neck was never broken or damaged
I was also told that there is a small stress crack coming off the low E tuner hole (stable and not an issue)

Attachments

Merkin

Premium Member
Reaction score
I know warm words are worth little - I'm in the wrong country and don't have the pennies anyway - but ye gods man, that is a beautiful looking guitar.

GLWTS

rustypaul

Reaction score
Thanks man!

It is a beauty!

A couple people have asked about the weight... doh. I should have known that was coming. I will weigh it tonight. I have a postal scale - so I'll get an accurate number for the guitar.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
That is one beautiful guitar and a little slice of history. I'm sure you will sad to see it go and it can't have been an easy decision to sell - GLWTS!

ARandall

Reaction score
Another just passing through to offer words of encouragment and admiration. A lovely guitar from the first run of goldtops.

rustypaul

Reaction score
I dont see that I can edit the original listing. It weighs a small amount more than 9 lbs even but less than 9lbs 1oz. I measured with a postal scale many times and had readings that varied by around .5 oz, between 9lbs .3oz and 9 lbs .8oz.

Latest Threads