1965 Gibson SG JR question.

spirithunter

Reaction score
Hello
I just came across a 1965 Gibson SG JR for $875.00. It's defiantly a player. Tuners were change and the pickup looked original. Neck seem ok.
I don't see any visible cracks or repairs.
Needs to be clean up but can be play in current state.
It was originally $1150.00 a has been sitting for a couple months and now it is down to $875.00.
My question is should i jump on it for that price?

Thanks

Owl

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'd jump on it at that price, regardless of condition.

Texas07R8

Reaction score
+1 yes sir... I'd be all other that one too.

spirithunter

Reaction score
Cool! i will shoot down there today and check it out again.:thumb:
Hopefully my memory served me right about this guitar.

Thanks

spirithunter

Reaction score
No go on the 1965 Gibson SG JR...something wasn't right with it to me when i went back to look at it more closely.
When i asked about the history they(store) told me the owner said it was in a fire and all the plastic melted off and replace it with a metal pick guard and there was some other things with it i did not like.
Serial number was still visible.
I passed on it. If it gets down to $400-$450 i might buy then.
It did play nice.
On my back home i stop off at another local guitar store and walked away with a sweet Warrior guitar!
One of the best playing guitars I've ever played. Very very happy with it!:D

Johnny V.

Reaction score
I just happened to notice this post. The SG was at our store here in Rochester on consignment. You've heard about "no stories" guitars-this one has lots of stories.

It was in a fire in the early '70s and all the plastic parts melted or were deformed. It currently has a '70s Dimarzio humbucker, custom made brass pickguard, brass nut, brass truss rod cover, gold tune-o-matic and stop tailpiece and the Gibson logo is gone off the headstock. Here's the good: the serial number is still intact and there are no breaks in the wood.Remember, when all this stuff was done, this was a very low dollar guitar!

I bought it from the owner last week-not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I may try to restore it or roll it as is. It does play great.

Anyway, that's the rest of the story!

Marto

Reaction score
As David lee Roth would say, "GO AHEAD, JUMP!"

Marto

Reaction score
Looks like you already jumped. Now give it a ride and enjoy.

Latest Threads