1965 Fender Reverb - $850, shipped

J.T.

Reaction score
1965 Fender Reverb. Date code OC, March 1965. Transformers dated 443, 421, choke 431. Filter caps have been changed and the rest of the circuitry looks untouched. Reverb tank (USA made Accutronics) looks recent. Presently running a 6V6 power tube - I bought a 6K6 for it, but honestly, the V sounds better. If you buy the unit, you can have the 6K6, too. Cosmetically in great condition. It's the "tuxedo" color combo - black face, white knobs. I replaced the dry rotted foam for the tank "lock" position, and put new felt on the locking arm to prevent rattling when locked. Works great - lush reverb. I run a 12AU7 in the dwell stage - I think it gives more usable range on the control. I'd be happy to put a 12AT7 in, if you like. Asking $850 packed, shipped, insured and paypal'd to CONUS. Willing to talk about it if you live elsewhere. Located in central Florida, if you want to save the shipping. Thanks for looking!

J.T.

Reaction score
OK - update - found a nice period correct Gibbs tank & swapped it for the Accutronics. Also returned tubes to the original factory configuration with the 6K6 and the 12AT7. Sounds even better now. Same price, $850, shipped to the lower 48.

Latest Threads