1962 Gibson EMS-1235 Double Mandolin Double Neck guitar. Custom one off one-of-a-kind.

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Check out this unique one-of-a-kind vintage Gibson double neck guitar. Enjoy!

1962 Gibson EMS-1235 Double Mandolin Double Neck guitar. Custom one off one-of-a-kind.

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Continued...

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Very cool. Is that damage from termites?

Ace1432

Reaction score
INCREDIBLE!!!!!

thank you for sharing this Eric!

is there any deeper story to share?

was it for a performer or hobbyist? did it stay with one family its whole life?

its glorious!

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
is there any deeper story to share?

was it for a performer or hobbyist? did it stay with one family its whole life?
Would appear it was never really played. I suspect it actually shipped in the LATE 1960's.

Last edited:

Cjsinla

Reaction score
No damage. The PAF rout on the 4-string neck was hand chiseled out!
That explains some of it but I was talking about the piles of 50 year old dust in the corners of that routing job.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another one of these? Yawn.

Just kidding, Eric. This was a real treat to see. Thanks for sharing!

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That explains some of it but I was talking about the piles of 50 year old dust in the corners of that routing job.
You will notice some anomalies in the other photos. White paint in one of the toggle switches? Buffing compound in the pickup ring? Remains of four ground wires? Obvious signs of touch up? Two pickups...but also two toggle switches?

The truss rod covers point to this guitar being shipped much later than the TWO serial numbers on it suggest. My personal opinion is that the guitar got damaged because of the wiring harness issues....as a result....it sat around the factory as late as the early 70's.

What you see in the pickup cavity appears to be mostly wood, not dust. :thumb:

madmusicltd

Reaction score
Pretty cool Eric,

It's from a GIG Street Music calendar, and it says Gibson only sold 44, calendar states it is a 1958.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
You will notice some anomalies in the other photos. White paint in one of the toggle switches? Buffing compound in the pickup ring? Remains of four ground wires? Obvious signs of touch up? Two pickups...but also two toggle switches?

The truss rod covers point to this guitar being shipped much later than the TWO serial numbers on it suggest. My personal opinion is that the guitar got damaged because of the wiring harness issues....as a result....it sat around the factory as late as the early 70's.

Oooohhhh, yeah, that is the “dust” I was referring too. That piece is definitely ann odd bird, never seen anything like it.

Cjsinla

Reaction score

hmmm, double post for some reason.

BrianB

Reaction score
Are those standard PAF's with four hole covers?

Amazing instrument Eric. Thanks for posting these. :applause::applause::applause:

Latest Threads