1962-63 Kay Swingmaster semi-hollow

HurricaneJesus

Reaction score

From what I can tell this is a 1962-63 Kay Swingmaster hollow-body guitar. It's actually in great condition for a 50+ year-old guitar! There's some light checking on the back of the headstock and a few dents and dings. I am not the original owner but the guitar appears all-original and un-molested (check out those Grover tuners!)
I set it up with 10-gauge strings. I did have to shim the neck using a business card to get the action low enough to be play-able so you might want to have a professional make a wooden shim. The guitar plays pretty well right now, though. I gave the frets a light cleaning (they were pretty gunky) and they're actually in good shape with no serious wear.
The electronics will need some attention. The pots are scratchy and will intermittently short when you touch them but with the volume and tone controls full-up the guitar works. I think you could save the pots with a good cleaning. Has a very unique sound through a cranked tube amp!
Comes with what I assume is the original chip-board case and a leather strap that came with it when I got it.

$725 shipped/paypalled in the lower 48

Frogfur

Reaction score
man..you use to be able to buy those in the Sears catalogs our mom's always got at home...

Latest Threads