1961 to 1965 juniors

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My 1963 SG (#110628) has the Les Paul silkscreen.

The neck thickness is medium at the 1st fret (.848") but it has a lot of taper so it gets quite fat on the higher frets. The 12th fret measures 1.008" and the 15th is 1.060".

This guitar is featherlight at 5.6 lbs

Here's a comparison of the SG Junior neck to my 1955 Junior neck:

Richard L

Reaction score
Here are my 62 LP Custom and a 63 SG jr. The neckof the jr is a little wider, but the thickness is almost the same. The jr has a lightning bolt bridge from Mojo Axe and intonation is spot on.
The best playable instrument i've own. Super lightweight.
If you buy a jr for investment, just buy one without modifications or repairs. The 63 Les Paul jr and the 63 SG jr are the same guitars. The red-'er the better!

DSC03602 small.jpg

Gibsonblues

Reaction score
I’ve got a 65 SG Jr. Over the years I’ve lost the Vibrola arm, screw and washer. I’d like to find a vintage arm and not a replica one. Could anyone suggest where a period replacement might be found?

Gibsonblues

Reaction score
Ebay or Reverb would be the most obvious places to start.

Btw, is yours nickel plated or chrome? (Here's one of each) I would guess that finding just an arm and hardware will be more difficult than the whole kit; but you never know...

Original gibson maestro vibrola vintage 1965 | eBay
Vintage 1963 Gibson Nickel Maestro Short Vibrola 1964 1962 | eBay
You know ... I’m not really sure if the original was chrome or nickel?? I’ve been looking on eBay and other sites but hadn’t seen just the arm. Maybe I didn’t look good enough! I’ll check the link you show. Thanks for taking time to reply.. much appreciated :)

Latest Threads