1961 Les Paul Special TV

restore

Reaction score
Sharky, could I be lucky enough to find my guitar on your ledger page? SER # 37324.

restore

Reaction score
Any one happen to have a copy of a ledger page 1961 Les Paul Special TV Ser# 37324?

True Vintage Guitar

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
The closest I can get is serial number 36536 which was also a Les Paul Special shipping on November 11 1961. That range seems to be mid to late November 1961. I'd love to see your 1961 Gibson Les Paul Special! I haven't had a Les Paul Special that late, but I did have this offset post 1961 Gibson SG Special and it was a spectacular guitar (serial 358xx). I miss it!

restore

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try to get some pics up, but this guitar was painted when I got in 1965. Lot of the paint has rubbed of to reveal the TV color. I'm in the process of trying to establish contact with Gibson to talk about restoring.

fernieite

Reaction score
Sharky, could I be lucky enough to find my guitar on your ledger page? SER # 37324.
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on owning that guitar! We're still waiting on the photos btw... :naughty:

If you want the attention of a forum member, I think you have to put a @ sign before the name. @Sharky

I would also be tempted to ask for other recommendations regarding a restoration on this. There are guys who obsess with and specialize on restoring vintage Gibsons. Our own @BCRGreg for instance.

IGRocker

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try to get some pics up, but this guitar was painted when I got in 1965. Lot of the paint has rubbed of to reveal the TV color. I'm in the process of trying to establish contact with Gibson to talk about restoring.
I’d have to agree with the thoughts already stated, there are several other businesses and individuals that I would rather take an instrument of this caliber to. Gibson won’t be able to recreate the correct nitro formula, and likely won’t have the same care and appreciation for the instrument.

restore

Reaction score
I would welcome any restoration alternatives. Contact information... Thanks

ARandall

Reaction score
Talk to Historic Makeovers.....their whole business is in vintage accurate and aged finishes.

restore

Reaction score
I found this pic while trying to find a ledger page with my serial number. Its in the 36???s, mine is 37324. Looks like mine is after November 61, maybe early 62. The Gibson Customer Service said the documents for 61 and 62 do exist but access is not available due to Covid, to check back in a few months.

Attachments

restore

Reaction score
Wonder how many guitars the produced in a week back in 61? These serial numbers make me think this serial number is late November or December 61. References show numbers start in the 42s in 62. Anyway its interesting.

Latest Threads