1961 Custom Shop Historic (2006 NOS)

Pokerstar

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy a New Old Stock 2006 1961 Les Paul reissue. It's black, 3 pick up and has all of the case candy. I've not been able to find much about these, but I liked the neck a lot and it sounded really good.

I don't know much about the SG Les Pauls, so any info, links, approximate values..... I appreciate the input.

Thanks!

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the three pup model, but the two pup '62 SG reissues typically sell used for around $1700-$1800. I would think that $2K would be a good price fot the three-pup SG Custom, maybe more.

Pokerstar

Reaction score
Thanks! Anyone else? I'm curious about the historic custom shop sg les pauls.

Tonemeister

Reaction score
Mine is a 61 RI Custom Shop VOS with Maestro Vibrola. This guitar is sick. The neck is just gorgeous. The nut was not cut well, par for the course with any Gibson. The pickups , in mine , are the BB1&2 set. I paid probably the top end of what these go for at $2500 used I would do it again because it was exactly what I wanted. If you've never tried a 3 pickup SG you should definitely play before you buy. The middle pickup always gets in my way when picking so that's why I dislike them. There are probably exceptions, but the Custom Shop models will typically exceed the quality of the standard production line.

Latest Threads