V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's got a few issues though.

Top coils need replacing
Got some missing tarnish
Non original dials
Headstock needs some revarnishing

I think that's pretty common with the Texas built 1961 Bursts. :laugh2:

A shame to report this one in many ways. It's right up there with Corey in terms of "totally misguided".

Liam

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
lols! You would almost think this is a joke, but its a respectable seller :)
The question is, what guitar do we see in the pictures?

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The question is, what guitar do we see in the pictures?
Very good question. I initially thought it was an early Classic, but then noticed the stamped serial number and dodgy looking headstock veneer and logos. Not sure if it's ever been near Tennessee, let alone Texas.

Case looks like a real late 90s and onwards Gibson one.

Liam

Paul46

Reaction score
The bidding looks highly suspect too,maybe it's a hijacked account?

Mike Irvin

Premium Member
Reaction score
Listing gone......Damn I wanted that real burst! :laugh2:

JJ Blair

Reaction score
Now THIS is an '80s guitar (if it is actually a Gibson). Closed "o" and "b" on the logo. Looks like chrome plating, and the pointers and knobs are certainly NOT '50s or '60s.

Sgt.Pepper

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Very good question. I initially thought it was an early Classic, but then noticed the stamped serial number and dodgy looking headstock veneer and logos. Not sure if it's ever been near Tennessee, let alone Texas.

Case looks like a real late 90s and onwards Gibson one.

Liam
I agree with Liam.

Too bad about the missing tarnish and non original dials. I searched right through ebay and couldn't find any original tarnish for sale.

LPCollector

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:laugh2:

"I believe its a 'Sunburst' colour. This particular guitar was made in 1961 in Texas so is classed as vintage and VERY VERY VERY RARE!!!"

........no shit it is very, very,very, very rare!
NO ONE has ever seen one of these......EVER!

:rolleyes:

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
is the wonky 'S' in the gibson loko a feature of a genuine headstock time period?

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
I'm guessing an 80s re-issue as well. Sounds like someone went to creative writing classes ;-)

LPCplayer

Reaction score
I'm guessing an 80s re-issue as well. Sounds like someone went to creative writing classes ;-)
C'mon guys, This instrument is not a Gibson, it's a GIPson". IT'S A FAKE. :rolleyes:

Look at the "Les Paul Model" decal (I know that ain't no silk screen!)

I know Gibson has been known to cheapen their products from time to time but, man, that decal doesn't even look look like the real thing. The script is too thick.

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
C'mon guys, This instrument is not a Gibson, it's a GIPson". IT'S A FAKE. :rolleyes:

Look at the "Les Paul Model" decal (I know that ain't no silk screen!)

I know Gibson has been known to cheapen their products from time to time but, man, that decal doesn't even look look like the real thing. The script is too thick.
When you're right, you're right. I missed this headstock shot the first go round. Lots wrong there. Must be the way they were made in Texas at the time? ;-)

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What's up with all you guys saying this is a fake? Didn't you read that the serial number is registered to the Gibson Guitar Club in the USA - thus confirming that this guitar is AUTHENTIC piece? Jeez. Some people just don't pay attention. :rolleyes: