1960 Burst Restoration

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing work.

Regardless of how you feel about it, it's not a fake or a forgery. Yuuki has been straight up about everything concerning this Les Paul....in fact, with tremendous detail.

Let's reserve those types of comments for the crooks who are trying to rip people off...
My problem here is with him calling it a 1960 Burst, including on his official instagram.

It's not. It never was and never will be.
He's not very straightforward with what it is, though.
It's a custom, no matter how much he wants it not to be.
Now tell me what kind of sane person buys an original Custom despite the fact that he dislikes customs

And it is in no way a restoration. It is a forgery if he calls it a '60 burst or a conversion at best.

Waste of a beautiful, unique guitar, either way.

"(...)to bring it back to full ‘60 Standard spec by going back to bare wood and methodically correcting the Custom appointments(...)"

Again, pointing out - a very obvious attempt at trying to push the thought that this is somehow a restoration on us.
Correcting? How can you correct the proper, original specs?

Poor guitar. Someone would have loved it the way it was, instead it went to someone who ruined it forever and made it "one of the many" who are neither what they are claimed to be nor what they were originally. Mutts.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
My problem here is with him calling it a 1960 Burst, including on his official instagram.
That's because some of the guys here are convinced this was originally intended to left the factory as a burst, but then has been used to build a LPC.

Doesn't make any sense to me, but we are not the vintage experts here....:hmm::dunno:

(PS; fretboard is from an SG)

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
Write in your will that one stays with you right now! Thats a bond stronger than marriage... till death do we part-- I think NOT!!

:cheers2:

Last edited:

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Wow! Great work!
Edit:I think the finished result is pretty cool and some comments here are quite disrespectful.
How is disagreeing, or giving one's opinion being "disrespectful"?

Just because we don't all agree on the end-result, doesn't mean that we don't appreaciate the skill it took to get there.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow! Great work!
Edit:I think the finished result is pretty cool and some comments here are quite disrespectful.
Nobody here said bad things about the "wood/refinish" side of the job. You can only state the obvious about that aspect, so wowing on that isn't adding anything to the discussion.

People here it's just having different opinions about the task "ethics" (demolish a rare vintage guitar to build something else), which is everything but disrespectful.

Jumping@shadows

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow, thread’s got legs!

I’ve stayed out of this as I’m neither going to convince the naysayers, nor really sought the approval of those who dig the process/results, but I will say despite this guitar going through two of the most established vintage dealers/restoration experts in the business both of whom identified it as a factory maple capped LPC, no one on earth knows it better than I, and I’m fully qualified to identify it as what it is, no matter how impassioned long distance critics may be.

As for the ‘moral’ outrage- as has been stated by various contributors- this was for sale all over the net and at major guitar shows for months, completely ignored, steadily falling in price until the owner offered it to me as a husk as in his own words he was ‘done with it’.

Long and the short is, it was a curious oddity who’s structural quirk was never meant to be known or celebrated, amateurishly, poorly and permanently modified to the point it was completely unattractive to play (perhaps that’s why it didn’t sell at the shows, and was returned by the buyer before me..), then aesthetically improved without the fundamental neck/playability issues addressed, and which everyone screaming murder here had endless one click chances to buy and cherish, but absolutely nobody wanted..

Now it’s perhaps the best sounding and playing Les Paul I’ve ever had, and having spent years around original Bursts and PAF Les Pauls day in day out, it’s 100% there tonally, and if you step away from the outrage, I think most would agree..

NINFNM

Reaction score
But which were those playability issues? A thinner neck? That's only a matter of taste, and this conversion was made for reselling it, I think.
Same for the middle pickup.
Good luck with the trade, but despite the poor love she got on previous auctions, I still find hard to believe that this has now been improved