1960 Burst on eBay

Ducati

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
At one point, a sticker lived on the front of the headstock. When the sticker was removed many, many years ago, it took the "Les Paul Model" silkscreen with it. There is a bit of overspray on the face of the headstock, which was done a very long time ago as well, and has checked nicely over the years.
More likely the front of the headstock was refinished because of the break? Sticker + overspray? Sounds odd. They don't show the front of the headstock in the pictures.

Backstage

Reaction score
She's got a beautiful top and this headstock repair looks very minor, so I don't know if this is overpriced ... but I am not familiar in this "high class vintage market" and it's daily exchange rates :dunno: .

OBX351

Reaction score
She's got a beautiful top and this headstock repair looks very minor, so I don't know if this is overpriced ... but I am not familiar in this "high class vintage market" and it's daily exchange rates :dunno: .
It's not worth $180K...my buddy thinks it's worth closer to about half of that figure. Who knows, but it seems overpriced to me.

FUS44

Reaction score
Man, it is gorgeous. May not be 180K of gorgeous, but I love that late 60 tomato soup look.

ACELUEK

ACE FREHLEY'S BASTARD SON
Reaction score
I need to drive over there and check it out. Offer $10K.. ;)

HARDWEAR

Reaction score
Seems like it's been on and off eBay for years!

NRBQ

Reaction score
It always cracks me up to ask $180,000 and not be cool enough to throw in the shipping cost as if the $180,000 wouldn't cover it already. I guess people can ask and pay fortunes for a guitar but the guitar is still the same one they made that year meant to be sold for a tiny fraction of today's cost so even if I was rich and could afford that kind of price I would never spend it on a guitar. My $1250 LP Traditional Plus in Desert Burst more then fits the bill of my holy grail.

roeg

Reaction score
the last 1960 LP i held had a top that had changed from cherry to a kinda pinkish fade...this top looks brand new?Not questioning legitamacy here,just thought it would have changed/faded more by this time?....curious question.

yeti

Reaction score
the last 1960 LP i held had a top that had changed from cherry to a kinda pinkish fade...this top looks brand new?Not questioning legitamacy here,just thought it would have changed/faded more by this time?....curious question.
The color is 100% legit IMO. It is my favorite version of the Burst finishes. Looks very much like my friends' 1960 Burst which has been played a lot over it's life.

From the auction:

my friends 1960

mrblooze

Reaction score
Uh, no. A '57 Custom w/ PAFs, w/ or w/out Bigsby, w/headstock repair ain't worth $180K. Certainly no '60 w/headstock repair is gonna pull $180K. I can see maybe $75K-$80K (not that I can afford that either, so I'll just toss my opinions around while I drool...).

Good luck to the seller---and why isn't he PLAYING it? I don't SELL guitars! I acquire them and then I play them---and you'll get 'em from me after I'm in the ground for at least 24 hrs! I mean, it's like people and candles: I'm not the kinda people to put it on the mantlepiece and say, "Oh, gee, doesn't that look lovely!" I buy candles, I burn 'em (usually at both ends and sometimes from the middle...) and then I buy new ones. Guitars are to play, babycakes! Trading is for Wall St weenies and baseball cards---

Guitars were intended for a higher purpose... The Blues!

(Tha's my story, an' I'm stickin' to it...)

[email protected]
:jam:

beaner

Banned
Reaction score
Uh, no. A '57 Custom w/ PAFs, w/ or w/out Bigsby, w/headstock repair ain't worth $180K. Certainly no '60 w/headstock repair is gonna pull $180K. I can see maybe $75K-$80K (not that I can afford that either, so I'll just toss my opinions around while I drool...).

Good luck to the seller---and why isn't he PLAYING it? I don't SELL guitars! I acquire them and then I play them---and you'll get 'em from me after I'm in the ground for at least 24 hrs! I mean, it's like people and candles: I'm not the kinda people to put it on the mantlepiece and say, "Oh, gee, doesn't that look lovely!" I buy candles, I burn 'em (usually at both ends and sometimes from the middle...) and then I buy new ones. Guitars are to play, babycakes! Trading is for Wall St weenies and baseball cards---

Guitars were intended for a higher purpose... The Blues!

(Tha's my story, an' I'm stickin' to it...)

[email protected]
:jam:
ga giggity!

devin dude

Reaction score
Think its a nice example with good flame and typical mid/late 1960 color... The headstock is way,way far from a deal breaker. Having said that, the guitar is way overpriced. Every 'burst its different , so is every sale. No way to actually know what its worth , but rest assured the asking price won't be met any time soon.:cool:

Latest Threads