1960 Brazilian Les Paul - Golden Poppy Burst PHOTOFEST

GuitarTalk

@GuitarTalk on Instagram
Reaction score
@PierM the ones I took out of the box are on my iphone7 and the rest on Canon M6 (EFM 32mm F1.4) :thumb:

moreles

Reaction score
That is a wonderful instrument. I think the slimmer necks are fantastic, and do not buy into the mania for clubby, thick necks. For me, it's all about the contour, and it seems absolutely true to me that a slim well-contoured neck is the best playing thing there is. Can't say that I can stomach Gibson's upcharge for Brazilian -- it seems obscene -- but the end product you have there is as good as it gets, IMO.

GuitarTalk

@GuitarTalk on Instagram
Reaction score
That is a wonderful instrument. I think the slimmer necks are fantastic, and do not buy into the mania for clubby, thick necks. For me, it's all about the contour, and it seems absolutely true to me that a slim well-contoured neck is the best playing thing there is. Can't say that I can stomach Gibson's upcharge for Brazilian -- it seems obscene -- but the end product you have there is as good as it gets, IMO.
Thanks a lot! I started with paper thin necks then got into C’s, this one surprised me because the shape makes it feel awesome. I always thought anything .85 = D shape haha but this one is C/V. Brazilian mark up is big for sure but staring at it and playing is pretty satisfying

TM1

Reaction score
Beautiful! I have a 2002 R-0 with a Birdseye top that I sent to Historic Makeovers about 10 years ago. They did the full RDS makeover with a Braz board/ Hide Glue, etc.

GuitarTalk

@GuitarTalk on Instagram
Reaction score
Beautiful! I have a 2002 R-0 with a Birdseye top that I sent to Historic Makeovers about 10 years ago. They did the full RDS makeover with a Braz board/ Hide Glue, etc.
That’s awesome, Im waiting on my RDS to arrive :D Pearly style top

Rock City

Reaction score
This is one of the fewest new guitar that I actually like very much.
Congrats!

Pageburst

Reaction score
Congrats on a beautiful Brazilian. Love the color.

I have to ask what camera did you use because those are some of the best guitar photos I've seen.

Haven't posted in a while. Here's my new gem (with photos below that leave little to the imagination):
  • Model: 2018 1960 Les Paul with a Brazilian Fretboard
  • Finish: Golden Poppy Burst, Gloss
  • Run: Pre-Sold Limited, made for Wildwood (might be a one-off)
  • Serial Number: 0 8002
  • Weight: 8.2 lb
  • Neck profile: 0.8 / 0.92 (was afraid it would feel too thin; surprisingly feels bigger than my TH59), more V shape than a D/C
  • Electronics: all stock, Custombuckers
This one's pretty easy to photograph :thumb:

Photoshoot:

A couple photos right out of the box: