1959 Les Paul Standard - Reissue??

AK Epi Player

Reaction score
Glad someone here picked one up, allegedly......

The back on that thing had me going....

What, no trust from another MLP Brother..? :shock: JK, :D

Yes, I have a tracking number and all of that. When I called last Friday to see what the deal was, and to confirm how many they were getting, the rep tells me "he has a bit of wiggle room". Oh crap, I think, don't tempt me! Dropped over 10% off the price and I couldn't say no :).

As I've mentioned on this thread (and others), I USE to have one, and have always regretted selling it :doh:
It was one of the "USED" stamped ones, but always seemed fine to me. This seemed like too good of a "2nd" chance to snag one. GAS Slut that I am. :D

Wow, think I just came up with a new "avatar nickname"!

Buzzin_Cousin

Reaction score
What, no trust from another MLP Brother..? :shock: JK, :D

Yes, I have a tracking number and all of that. When I called last Friday to see what the deal was, and to confirm how many they were getting, the rep tells me "he has a bit of wiggle room". Oh crap, I think, don't tempt me! Dropped over 10% off the price and I couldn't say no :).

As I've mentioned on this thread (and others), I USE to have one, and have always regretted selling it :doh:
It was one of the "USED" stamped ones, but always seemed fine to me. This seemed like too good of a "2nd" chance to snag one. GAS Slut that I am. :D

Wow, think I just came up with a new "avatar nickname"!

Not that at all, just I wasn't going on assumptions since you didn't say you bought it. Another member once said he "went back" to GC after trying a guitar out, and he got a bunch of "happy NGD's". Only thing is, he went back but didn't buy....so there you go.

Happy incoming NGD!

AK Epi Player

Reaction score
Thanks man!

But now, the hard part. My overall "GAS plan" has run it's course, and now it's time to "pay the Piper", and by that, time to sell off some of the LP's I've picked up over the past few Months :(
That idea (buy a bunch, see which ones I really like and sell the others) has been in the works for a while anyway, and I wasn't planning on getting this one, so this means I have to get off my butt and get serious.

First to go are my Indonesian PTP Standard and the '05 Standard Desertburst +Top. Anybody need a new guitar? or two? :D

Paulie C

Reaction score
Like I said, it'd be a great guitar if the price wasn't pushing a grand. That price, for what is basically a T+ with a fatter neck and a different color is an absurdly poor deal. It's made in the same factory, with the same materials. The only reason it costs so much is because it's limited and it has "1959" attached to the name.

Hear what Your saying. Really, when it comes down to it every Epi LP Standard is a tribute to a '59 LP. Add pups of your choice and a re-wire and your there for $100's less.

I like Epi a lot, but $900. ?
Nah.

Suppose so. If you want the BB's and the fat neck, Bonnamassa sig is a better deal. I do like the Ice tea burst, but $200 for a color and a TRC is a bit steep.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Thanks man!

But now, the hard part. My overall "GAS plan" has run it's course, and now it's time to "pay the Piper", and by that, time to sell off some of the LP's I've picked up over the past few Months :(
That idea (buy a bunch, see which ones I really like and sell the others) has been in the works for a while anyway, and I wasn't planning on getting this one, so this means I have to get off my butt and get serious.

First to go are my Indonesian PTP Standard and the '05 Standard Desertburst +Top. Anybody need a new guitar? or two? :D

Hmmmmmmmm, Indonesian? What color is it?:hmm: Oh, man, I could be getting myself into serious trouble......last night my wife sat me down with a list of our monthly expenses and read me the riot act!:naughty:

AK Epi Player

Reaction score

FingerLakesFan

Reaction score
I am not seeing these anywhere. If someone has a link where you can buy one, please let me know as I would really be interested!

deaninkl

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me where the 59 Standard Limited Edition is made, in some posts I read they are made in Japan, in other posts pictures clearly show stickers with "Crafted In China" on them.

Thanks.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score

Latest Threads