1959 Les Paul Replica

ExNihilo

Reaction score
The cool is in the details.

I built this guitar last year (2020). It sounds and plays amazing. It weighs 9.4lbs. You will find the build thread here: Build Thread

The guitar build has what is expected. E.g. Genuine Honduran Mahogany body and neck, royalite binding, cellulose nitrate inlays, holly veneer head stock. The only departure is that it sports a double-action truss rod (for a no worry neck) and the fret board is Indian rosewood (but it's a great colour). The maple flame pattern was chosen to get a "Carmelita" vibe (viz. three wide and wild flames). Nitro finish with real cold checking etc. Pickups are Sheptone Tributes and the electronics are an RS Guitarworks vintage harness.

Note: This is a luxury item. It is expensive because it is handmade using premium materials. I do not recommend that anyone max out a credit card to get this. If you can afford it, then you will love it.

T01.jpg

T02.jpg

T03.jpg

T04.jpg

B01.jpg

B02.jpg

CC01.jpg

HS02b.jpg

T07.jpg

T06.jpg

T08.jpg

T10.jpg

T13.jpg

HS03.jpg

N02.jpg

N01.jpg

T15.jpg

The price is $4,500 USD. Necessary price drop: $3,500 USD (includes shipping). This is an outstanding bargain.

Last edited:

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow, I remember drooling over the build thread for this. What an amazing guitar.

Wish I had the coin laying around, I'd snatch this right up. Best of luck in finding a home for that beautiful instrument.

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.....good luck with the sale

Southwest

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is utterly stunning. If I wasn't in the middle of a DSG purchase right now, we'd be having a conversation. GLWS, you do superb work.

ExNihilo

Reaction score
This is just a quick note to say that if this ad is still up (even after many months), the guitar is still available.

Sincerely, Scott

ExNihilo

Reaction score
Well, my beloved dog died this passed Saturday after 12 years of faithful friendship. Today, my wife and daughter are on their way to pick up a new puppy. This has put me in a position where I really need to sell this guitar. It also gives someone an amazing opportunity to buy an incredible Les Paul far below what it is actually worth.

Necessary price drop: $3,500 USD (includes shipping). This is an outstanding bargain.

ExNihilo

Reaction score
If you are interested in this guitar, please read the build thread (and some of my other threads) to understand the quality and standards of my builds.

Please understand that I am very busy and do not have time to answer every question about measurements, plastics, and neck shape etc. So, I will answer the most common ones I get.

The neck dimensions follow the old StewMac and Bartlett plans. On vintage guitars, necks have always been the most inconsistent part of any guitar run (prior to CNC). I use the template guides from the Bartlett plans and from Stew Mac for the heal and neck. This neck feels like what most R9s feel like. But, given that my builds are hand made, the final shape is to my feel. This is subjective, but this guitar has a great neck. The head stock was a trace from Frank's Burst (and that is on our Gold Standard plan).

I do not have an accurate list of the plastic and hardware parts, because I buy my parts from so many vintage suppliers at various times and stock them that I can't remember which came from where. Binding and inlays came from Bartlett. Logo and I think rings came from crazy parts. I think the Bridge is Faber. Pigtail bushings. Etc. The only parts that are low end are the control plates. In my experience I have found the control plates to always be the biggest rip-off from vintage spec suppliers – so I just use generic plates. They fit fine in the cavities. In summary, all I can say to the buyer is that what you are getting with this guitar is far better than anything from the custom shop (IMO). It costs less, and has a less market value, but in terms of a better more accurate guitar with better parts, it is way better.

integra evan

Reaction score
What a great looking guitar! Enjoyed the build thread a lot. Sorry to hear about your dog!
This is very tempting...

Haakon

I spell betterer than i play
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do You ship to US only?

Deftone

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dog. Beautiful guitar.

Nick-O

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss Scott...I am glad the guitar sold....super envious though!

decoy205

Reaction score
Someone got a screaming deal on an awesome replica, sorry about your pup.

Latest Threads