1959 Les Paul Reissue Finish Options

K Dub

Reaction score
I am interested in a 1959 Les Paul Reissue. I started by researching the finish options on Gibson's website. They advertise these 3 finish options: Washed Cherry Sunburst, Iced Tea Burst, and Dirty Lemon.

However in the real world, I have also seen Green Lemon Fade, Slow Iced Tea Fade, Sunrise Tea Burst, Kindred Burst, Factory Burst, Poppy Burst, and Mojave Fade. Most are VOS, but a few have a Standard Gloss Finish. I have even come across a rare One Piece Top.

Are these new 2022 finish options or one-off limited editions exclusive to individual shops?

searswashere

Reaction score
It's just a more accurate descriptor of the 3 listed finishes.

I have a '21 royal teaburst which is an iced tea burst.

BDW60

Reaction score
They are all different finishes. Green lemon is nothing like dirty lemon, for example. The variety is out there at different retailers. You just have find the top, finish and weight you want. And that can be a process, to say the least.

markguitar

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
It's just a more accurate descriptor of the 3 listed finishes.

I have a '21 royal teaburst which is an iced tea burst.
No, this is not at all accurate. There are only a few stock “core” colors each year. But many other colors offered for custom runs by dealers of “Made to Measure” orders.

searswashere

Reaction score
No, this is not at all accurate. There are only a few stock “core” colors each year. But many other colors offered for custom runs by dealers of “Made to Measure” orders.
Ya learn something new every day! Does this mean the other finishes are M2M orders specifically?

Pythonman

Reaction score
My 2020 R9 is a bourbon burst and theres a number of them still out there in that finish new.

1allspub

Reaction score
Ya learn something new every day! Does this mean the other finishes are M2M orders specifically?
No. Dealers often want more variety, so they order other colors than just the main ones listed on Gibson.com. And Gibson accommodates.

searswashere

Reaction score
No. Dealers often want more variety, so they order other colors than just the main ones listed on Gibson.com. And Gibson accommodates.
I ask because my R9 came from MGL and it doesnt have the usual custombuckers. It’s a phenomenal guitar.

mjross

Reaction score
I’ve had a very hard time figuring out this color thing. Colors seem to overlap and you don’t really know what you’ve got. I guess as long as you dig it, that’s all that matters!

rideski

Reaction score
I was surprised to only see those three colors listed on Gibson's website as well. My 2021 is a Factory Burst and my god its gorgeous! I can just sit and stare at it for hours..

moreles

Reaction score
I have a Dr. Pepper with Bourbon Long Island Iced Tea Dirty Dishwasher Burst. It was a limited run -- only 100,000 units produced -- made as a collaboration between BevMo and Home Depot. I got mine at GC where it was simply marked as a Les Paul (whatever that is) because GC.