1959 Les Paul Luthier Replica

ExNihilo

Reaction score
Can you give some insight on why you chose . . . Is yours ebony because of a sonic preference for that wood?
Yes. I like ebony. But there is no real science or deep thinking behind my decisions. I simply build about one guitar a year for myself and I build it the way I want it. Then, I have to sell it in order to finance a new build. This is the burst that I wanted and built in 2018. I guess it's kind of like someone who likes to bake. He says to himself, maybe I'll make a cake with such and such ingredients. After he is done and has enjoyed it, he says, "now what shall I make?" :)

If you check out my build threads and videos, I think you might get an idea of my personality.

Sincerely, Scott

ExNihilo

Reaction score
I hope to post a video of this guitar if that will help any interested buyers. But I think I need to get it into the hands of someone who can play well (since I am not that great of a guitar player).

TheWilly17

Reaction score
Kitchener? I'm just south of Barrie,,,,hmmmmm tempting

agquake

Reaction score
Can you give some insight on why you chose to try to make an ebony board look like Brazilian instead of just getting a board off of eBay? Granted, they’re getting harder to come by, but the build I had completed in the last few months has a beautiful, dark example that was purchased off eBay. Is yours ebony because of a sonic preference for that wood?
Perhaps you missed him writing “As for the ebony board. I love the sound and feel of ebony.”

ExNihilo

Reaction score
The guitar is sold.

I want to thank you all for your kind and encouraging words. It is always sad to see one go, but I take consolation in trusting that the buyer will be thrilled and enjoy the guitar.

I guess the only thing left to say is to tell you about the serial number 9 1638.

The serial number commemorates The Scottish National Covenant of 1638.

BanditPanda

Reaction score
The guitar is sold.

I want to thank you all for your kind and encouraging words. It is always sad to see one go, but I take consolation in trusting that the buyer will be thrilled and enjoy the guitar.

I guess the only thing left to say is to tell you about the serial number 9 1638.

The serial number commemorates The Scottish National Covenant of 1638.
Can you now reveal the head stock?
BP