1959 Les paul junior dc pickguard template

BCGadgets

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm restoring a 1959 les paul junior DC owned by the guitarist from boston. The original pickguard has a huge route in it from an extra pickup somebody installed, i'm going to have a new pickguard made for me but with that huge route its hard to get a proper template drawn up, so if anyone has a digital template or would like to mail me a template of yours, that would be fantastic.

many thanks,
B

BCGadgets

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the correct tortoise shell... And thanks for the template but that os the single cutaway model

jimi55lp

Reaction score
I don't believe you'll find the correct tortoise shell material? I've never seen where anyone is producing it.

RevWillie

Reaction score
This one at Retrospec looks pretty good.

Probably the best and easiest way to go! :dude:

Unless one is just hell-bent on sourcing the right plastic and cutting it out themselves... I personally wouldn't waste my time - I'd just get the Retrospec.

floyd84

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I could trace the one from mine, but for $59, the Retrospec one is hard to beat
DSC_0096.jpg

BCGadgets

Reaction score
I could trace the one from mine, but for $59, the Retrospec one is hard to beat
DSC_0096.jpg

Hello, I am very interested in that template, the reason i posted on here is because i got the retrospec, and it does not even have the right hole spacing, let alone shape, but then I read the description and it says its for historics, and knowing gibson, they changed the shape entirely for their guards on their 58 juniors. So if we could some how work something out for me to get that template it would be great.

Thanks, B

Latest Threads