1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard guitar 9 0821 detailed photos

LPaddicted

Reaction score
big-683464933a.gif

Guru Meditation

Reaction score
That 59 is in my top 3 list since the first time I saw it. Jaw still dropping whenever I see it...

Thanks for the new pics Eric. By the way, do you still own it? If I remember correctly a guy named Gregory(?) from Germany/Switzerland bought it when you had it up for sale a while ago, could be wrong though not sure...

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
By the way, do you still own it? If I remember correctly a guy named Gregory(?) from Germany/Switzerland bought it when you had it up for sale a while ago, could be wrong though not sure...

Yes, Gregory Protic now owns the Memphis Mojo. I have a great Facebook folder with some pretty spectacular photos from that 2017 trip. Not much guitar content, but it delivers in other ways. Enjoy!

aIMG_8697.jpg

NEW Switzerland photo album Updated for 2021:

Last edited:

Guru Meditation

Reaction score
Yes, Gregory Protic now owns the Memphis Mojo. I have a great Facebook folder with some pretty spectacular photos from that 2017 trip. Not much guitar content, but it delivers in other ways. Enjoy!

View attachment 356191

https://www.facebook.com/pg/abalonevintage/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2291504054202099

Hey Eric thank you very much for the info. Great photo album! I have a good friend in Zurich and it's a very beautiful city indeed, as many other places in Switzerland.

Last edited:

Razzle Dazzle

Reaction score
I'm normally not much of a poster but I have something big that I wanna share with the vintage guitar world...

Lee Baker owned the Memphis Mojo burst from 1967/8 to 1996 when he was murdered. He was often described as the best guitar player you never heard of and his band's 1969 album "Moloch" was cited by many as a big inspiration. Jimmy Page himself is said to have said the following about Lee Baker upon hearing him play for the first time: "That's the best white bluesman I ever heard!". Lee Bakers band Moloch also got panned in Rolling Stone magazine, but Rolling Stone also panned Led Zeppelin's first albums, so...

I just managed to find a copy of the original video tape of Lee Baker playing the Memphis Mojo burst with his band Moloch at the '69 Memphis Blues Festival that was held in honor of Martin Luther Kings death. I've been looking for this for years, I'm so stoked to finally be able to share this with everybody!

I just need somebody to tell me how to post a video on here...:rofl:

Latest Threads