1959 Custom

Sharky

Reaction score
I see that you live in Canada. How come you think of buying a guitar in Europe? Prices are way higher than in the US and you have to pay lots on transport, taxes, duties. There are some nice examples on the american continent.

@[email protected]: which shop is it, I missed that somehow

[email protected]

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Although I have some eye-watering experience with that particular shop, and would not buy a plectrum from them, nor leave any of my property on the premises I don't feel this is the best place to name them. I'm sure if you google the guitar you'll find it easy enough.

Sharky

Reaction score
Although I have some eye-watering experience with that particular shop, and would not buy a plectrum from them, nor leave any of my property on the premises I don't feel this is the best place to name them. I'm sure if you google the guitar you'll find it easy enough.

haha, tried that before I asked. I didn't find it. Is it the London based shop whos manager went to prison for scamming?

[email protected]

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It is indeed a london based shop, but who's owner has yet avoided prison for his numerous deeds- and it's not Music Ground :naughty:

jimi55lp

Reaction score
Stoptail incorrect and with the repaired drillings and the Bigsby removal, this guitar is way over priced in the US market. I like the 1958 in the link at Gregs in post #11, but I'd have to know the extent of the neck repair? I still think price is Great for that 1958 and worth checking out, I don't think you could have any troubles in this deal if you are willing to have a neck repair, and you get to spend the night at Greg's house! Sweet!

TM1

Reaction score
Guitar Center Vintage in Hollywood had a lovely '59 or '60 Custom for $40K about a month back. Original case & papersi played it and it was really nice!

[email protected]

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
OP: all very good advice! I'm sure you'll end up with a far better guitar, for a far better price from an infinitely better vendor.
As for '50s LPC's themselves, they can be incredible guitars- here's my old '59:

Brown Recluse

Reaction score
Guitar Center Vintage in Hollywood had a lovely '59 or '60 Custom for $40K about a month back. Original case & papersi played it and it was really nice!
Don, That's the one that my friend just took home on Monday. He had placed it on hold a few weeks back while he and GC worked out the details on a trade and money deal. It's the one they had in their booth at the Orange County vintage show at the end of January.

Skerries1

Reaction score
Stoptail incorrect and with the repaired drillings and the Bigsby removal, this guitar is way over priced in the US market. I like the 1958 in the link at Gregs in post #11, but I'd have to know the extent of the neck repair? I still think price is Great for that 1958 and worth checking out, I don't think you could have any troubles in this deal if you are willing to have a neck repair, and you get to spend the night at Greg's house! Sweet!
Thanks Jim
I have been communicating with Greg and I'm very fond of that '58. Having been through some drama on all things 59 lately, I think I can handle a repaired neck more than finding out its not the correct year or stolen, or both. Greg seems like a legit guy and people speak (type) very highly of him. I'll keep you posted on what happens with that guitar.

TM1

Reaction score
Don, That's the one that my friend just took home on Monday. He had placed it on hold a few weeks back while he and GC worked out the details on a trade and money deal. It's the one they had in their booth at the Orange County vintage show at the end of January.
Right! That's a really great Custom!! I really wanted to buy that, but was going through a re-Fi on my house until the beginning of March(it went thru no problems!). Couldn't go the extra dough until it was over.. But that's a really nice Custom! Congratulate your friend for me!

Brown Recluse

Reaction score
Here is a pic of my friend's freshly puchased '59:

[/IMG]

And here it is with his '56 and '61 Customs:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Sharky

Reaction score
great collection of Customs your friend has there and the two on the right are surely dressed for the ball

mbowen

Premium Member
Reaction score
My friend Vic's old 1960 custom that he sold a short while back through Gruhn's.Thanks Mike B.

group shot with same LP Custom

Skerries1

Reaction score
Looks like good news. The proud father of 1958 Custom thanks to Greg and all of you. I'll send photos once it arrives.

6077dino

Reaction score
Congrats. I bet it feels exquisite to have one of the original LP customs.

OBX351

Reaction score
$60k....hummmm....did Fretedamericana open a shop in the UK?

Congrats on the '58!!!!

Greg's Guitars

Reaction score
Looks like good news. The proud father of 1958 Custom thanks to Greg and all of you. I'll send photos once it arrives.
Can't wait to see those pics bro, Thanks again for your patronage it is appreciated , and thanks to the other posters here with the words of kinndess as well !

Sharky

Reaction score
Can't wait to see those pics bro, Thanks again for your patronage it is appreciated , and thanks to the other posters here with the words of kinndess as well !
yes, we need pictures!

OH, how I'd love to have my fingers glide over a slick ebony fretboard

Latest Threads