1959 Burst Serial No. 9 3183?

dley

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I was offered a nice lemon burst 59 Les Paul with Serial # 9 3183 from a collector in the UK.
Has anyone heard of this guitar? According to my knowledge the highest Serial No. logged so far was #9 3182.
I am concerned about whether or not this guitar is genuine.
Thanks for your feedback.

duckduckno

Reaction score
Serial popped up on another LP forum years ago doing a quick google search. I am sure raging debate will follow once pics are posted. Keefs burst, fake... etc. I dont know but I am psychic when it comes to bursts and internet.

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Did it look like this?
9%203183-01.jpg

9%203183-10.jpg

If so, find a new seller immediately.

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
AND btw, that 3182 number on Keef's burst looks re-applied, so who knows what the real s/n is.

duckduckno

Reaction score
see, told you, psychic

There are 4-5 guys that live on the internet collecting pictures other people post. They never leave the house. So Rush would not write an album about these guys since they are never moving. J Geils might.

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
see, told you, psychic

There are 4-5 guys that live on the internet collecting pictures other people post. They never leave the house. So Rush would not write an album about these guys since they are never moving. J Geils might.

If you're psychic, answer this:
Do they just collect pictures? Or simply link to the results of a basic google search?
Will the next response be a cryptic smart-ass reply? Or actually be helpful?

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
see, told you, psychic

You have a problem? Because you seem to be a problem.

duckduckno

Reaction score
You have a problem? Because you seem to be a problem.
No. I just would like to see facts posted by OP before conclusion. This guitar has come up before and I want to see its the same one before the judge and jury come out. Does that make me a problem? Because if you dont want logical discourse I will voluntarily leave.

VictorB

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So you expect this insulting comment,

equals logical discourse to you? Sounds like a comment an asshole hiding behind a computer would make, who would never say it to someone's face in reality. A "pussy" move, if you will.

Yeah, it would be a good idea to voluntarily leave before I kick you out.

Probably less embarrassing for you.

duckduckno

Reaction score
So you expect this insulting comment,

equals logical discourse to you? Sounds like a comment an asshole hiding behind a computer would make, who would never say it to someone's face in reality. A "pussy" move, if you will.

Yeah, it would be a good idea to voluntarily leave before I kick you out.

Probably less embarrassing for you.
Wow ... you in your own words. Power trip away. I dont care.

JMP

Reaction score
I came here to learn about a LP burst, but got a pissing match. Unfortunate.

VictorB

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I came here to learn about a LP burst, but got a pissing match. Unfortunate.
We’ve moved on.

Pics would be great at this point.

Pete M

Reaction score
There are 2 things here -
1. If it sounds too good to be true (...like it's $20,000), and it looks like the one above, or has been messed with in any way, I would run a mile.

2. If it cost half a million dollars and looks like Pearly Gates then I would post some photos on here and see what us lowly armchair experts make of it.

Last edited:

Latest Threads