1959 5-Latch Lifton Case, Vintage Gibson Les Paul

Alex

Administrator
Super Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
SOLD!

For sale here is this very rare, original 1959 5-Latch Lifton case (with tags and case candy) for your killer 50's Gibson Les Paul Standard or replica. All original and the latches are fully functional so you don't have to worry about your burst falling out of this case! The case is in near-mint condition, showing a few scuff marks here and there. It's got a highly figured grain pattern, bright and clean pink velvet interior, and the satin pull-tab on the compartment lid is still present (you almost never see those). :yesway:

Asking $4,995 or best offer. No trades.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

The other case goodies shown below are inside the yellow envelope you see in one of the pictures above.

Last edited:

Lemonburst R8

Reaction score
Considering what original bursts go for I’d say thats very reasonable Good luck with the sale

skydog

Reaction score
You don't see those everyday! Rarer than a 'burst because they were an add-on and not everybody bought a case.

captdan61

Reaction score
For sale here is this very rare 1959 5-Latch Lifton case for your 50's Gibson Les Paul Standard or replica. All original and the latches are fully functional. Some very light wear and tear as you can see in the photos. Comes with the original strap and all the other goodies that came with it.

Asking $4,995 or best offer. No trades.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Update: The other case goodies are in the yellow envelope you see in one of the pictures. I'll share another picture showing the rest of the goodies shortly.

Why can't Gibson get that pink color right up there reissue cases? It would be so much cooler

Alex

Administrator
Super Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
All reasonable offers will be considered. ;)

Thank you.

Alex

Administrator
Super Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest Threads