1958 Les Paul Sunburst

alphamusicwv

Reaction score
I have a 1958 LP and I need replacement tunners and dont know which ones to get . I dont want to modify with new screw holes or have to ream out the wood to make new ones fit. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

louielivelyofficial

Reaction score
A vintage '58? Post some pics dude! Does it still have the standard klusons? You could get a set of historic kluson tuners from Gibson, or a set of klusons from Kim at Historic Makeover, which would be better, because their more vintage accurate then the historics.

Here, check these out:

Gibson Guitar Parts Store - Buy Gibson Machine Heads, Nickel Vintage Finish, OEM Parts For Guitars

Kluson Tuners - Vintage Tuning Machines

Edit: Forgot about RS Guitarworks. Either RS Guitarworks or Kims are your best bet.

Reaction score
Fake 58 makes a great shrunken tuner and a lesser version that are very accurate and functional.

Parts For Gibson

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Here is a VERY nice vintage set from a reputable dealer. I had a hard time sharing this link as I really want them myself. ...but if you have a burst then by all means it deserves these more than I.
Vintage Haven (all the way at the bottom of the page)

Or for replicas, I wouldn't get anything but these Fake58 shrunken tuners: Parts For Gibson
They offer two degrees of aging to match the condition of your particular instrument.

Would you share some photos of your burst, please? Have you listed it on Burst Serial Log: vintage Gibson Les Paul sunburst guitars yet?

Latest Threads