1958 Bassman 5F6-A 4x12 with the Celestion Blue

Six Gun

Reaction score
I'm making a small speaker Junction Box to run 1, 2, 3 or 4 speakers from my 1958 Bassman 5F6-A 4x12 with the Celestion Blue Speakers. Basically to use my amp as a 4x12 speaker with 3 combinations.

The idea is to be able to plug 2 of the 8 ohm Blues in the box and then run a Rca to RCA Jumper speaker cable from my Tweed Champ, Princeton or Vibro Champ to get the 4 ohm load. The Tweed Princeton sounds killer with the 2 Celestion Blue speakers.

Since all the jacks will be wired together in the box, I can use the 1/4" Jacks on both ends, or the 4 RCA Jacks on the top of the box.

To use the Tweed Princeton I will plug the two Blues into 2 of the RCA Jacks, then the speaker wire will connect to one of the two RCA Jacks left on the box to use.

When I want to use my Super Reverb and the 4 Blues for the SR, I will simply plug the 4 Blues in the RCA Jacks and the 1/4" Jack on the end will connect the 1/4" to 1/4" Speaker wire to the Super Reverb.

This small box will allow me to use my 4 Celestion Blue Speakers as a 4x12 cab with 2 ohms (4 Blues), 4 ohms (2 Blues) or 8 ohms (Single Blue)

79892-pJqcl5ejk5.km5yVmqU-junction_box_champ_4ohm.jpg

79893-pJqcl5ejk5.km5yVmqU-junction_boxi.jpg

back-open-5.jpg

The Box will Velcro under the chassis right next to the right side rounded vent slot in the top panel. Velcro will allow me to mount it to the top/back panel as well.

top-back-view3.jpg

Big John

fighting age with ignorance
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion...maybe mount in the breakout box a switch so that you could run all four Blues at a total of 8 ohms. That'll open up the quad to other amps that can't get down to 2 ohms.

Six Gun

Reaction score
You will see when I finish it.

Simple is better.

Two 1/4" Jacks on each end and 4 RCA Jacks on the top,
With One extra RCA Jack on the side, all wired together.

A Breakout box is complicated. This little box will allow a
1 minute hook-up and work well.

I will use the 2x8 @ 4 ohms the most for the tweed Princeton,
or a Princeton Reverb in the Ext. speaker jack.

The Celestion Blue speakers sound great and I want to use them more
than just with the 5F6-A chassis.

NYC LP player

Reaction score
You will see when I finish it.

Simple is better.

Two 1/4" Jacks on each end and 4 RCA Jacks on the top,
With One extra RCA Jack on the side, all wired together.

A Breakout box is complicated. This little box will allow a
1 minute hook-up and work well.

I will use the 2x8 @ 4 ohms the most for the tweed Princeton,
or a Princeton Reverb in the Ext. speaker jack.

The Celestion Blue speakers sound great and I want to use them more
than just with the 5F6-A chassis.

Have you made this yet? I bought a 2 ohm THD and the guy gave me a lil box for doing something similar with his Bassman. Hate for it to go to waste.

GrouchyDog

Reaction score
I try not to be an envious person, but that amp just makes me turn green all over...

NYC LP player

Reaction score
I'm making a small speaker Junction Box to run 1, 2, 3 or 4 speakers from my 1958 Bassman 5F6-A 4x12 with the Celestion Blue Speakers. Basically to use my amp as a 4x12 speaker with 3 combinations.

The idea is to be able to plug 2 of the 8 ohm Blues in the box and then run a Rca to RCA Jumper speaker cable from my Tweed Champ, Princeton or Vibro Champ to get the 4 ohm load. The Tweed Princeton sounds killer with the 2 Celestion Blue speakers.

Since all the jacks will be wired together in the box, I can use the 1/4" Jacks on both ends, or the 4 RCA Jacks on the top of the box.

To use the Tweed Princeton I will plug the two Blues into 2 of the RCA Jacks, then the speaker wire will connect to one of the two RCA Jacks left on the box to use.

When I want to use my Super Reverb and the 4 Blues for the SR, I will simply plug the 4 Blues in the RCA Jacks and the 1/4" Jack on the end will connect the 1/4" to 1/4" Speaker wire to the Super Reverb.

This small box will allow me to use my 4 Celestion Blue Speakers as a 4x12 cab with 2 ohms (4 Blues), 4 ohms (2 Blues) or 8 ohms (Single Blue)

79892-pJqcl5ejk5.km5yVmqU-junction_box_champ_4ohm.jpg

79893-pJqcl5ejk5.km5yVmqU-junction_boxi.jpg

back-open-5.jpg

The Box will Velcro under the chassis right next to the right side rounded vent slot in the top panel. Velcro will allow me to mount it to the top/back panel as well.

top-back-view3.jpg

This is the box...pm me if you want it fo' free

20150112_221103.jpg

Latest Threads