1957 Gibson Les Paul TV Special

Set-Neck

Banned
Reaction score
1957 Gibson Les Paul TV Special. The guitar was restored by Tom Murphy. He is the very best money can buy and has given this guitar the full treatment rein and distressing so it looks it's age. The guitar has never been broken and has it's original serial number intact but electronics have been upgraded to throwbacks and new tuners.

Included is a 1970s Gibson hard shell case, it will be professionally packed.

Price $3850.00 which is less than a new Murphy aged Special and by far a better playing/sounding instrument.

T2eC16NHJHwE9n8iglvBQIVi8T60_57.jpg

Murphy56Special.jpg

T2eC16FHJHIE9nysd-GiBQIWBGyPw60_57.jpg

T2eC16ZHJF8E9nnC8HIBQIV8ziw60_57.jpg

T2eC16JHJF0E9nmFQhPSBQIWiBsSw60_57.jpg

Set-Neck

Banned
Reaction score
I spoke with him the other night...tuners, pickups, electroncis, pots etc.

Thanks for the initiative Rich. The loom is original, the pots are not but are proper vintage type replacement. Knobs are original, original pick guard, switch ring, bridge. It has most of it's original parts but it isn't a collectors piece, it's a kick ass playing guitar that's fine tuned to perform. I might ad there are no breaks, the guitar has the original headstock finish/logo and it once had grover tuners on it and that was fixed by Tom.

Hope this clarifies things!

Set-Neck

Banned
Reaction score
I just brought it to a friends to have it weighed and it's 8.2 lbs. I'll also add it has it's original frets with a fair amount of life left in there and it really has mojo for days. If it didn't have the "box" around the serial number you wouldnt know it had been refinished. It looks old, smells old like a Gibson should and has awesome bell tone.

Set-Neck

Banned
Reaction score
Deal pending! Thanks everyone for your interest and presence in this FS thread!

Latest Threads