1957 Everything. Perfect combo. Coincidence? [VIDEO DEMO]

GuitarTalk

@GuitarTalk on Instagram
Reaction score
Let me know what your guys’ favourite combination is.:run: I thought I’d share what a perfect combo this is:
- 1957 Gibson True Historic Goldtop (2016)
- 1957 Fender Bandmaster Reissue (2016)

With no pedals (apart from a basic reverb through the front).

Last edited:

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, my only combination appropriate to this subforum is my CC#7 through a Friedman Small Box combo. The underwound Custombuckers do great with both channels of the amp. I also keep on a TCE HOF mini (in the loop) with the Simoverb toneprint pretty much all the time.

GuitarTalk

@GuitarTalk on Instagram
Reaction score
Well, my only combination appropriate to this subforum is my CC#7 through a Friedman Small Box combo. The underwound Custombuckers do great with both channels of the amp. I also keep on a TCE HOF mini (in the loop) with the Simoverb toneprint pretty much all the time.
Very nice! My Friedman DS Mini Stack + my TH59 is my fave when it comes to crunch/OD too. +1 on the customerbuckers... The neck tone of the TH59's CB is unbeatable (I tried pearly gates, Throbak SLE-101 just to be sure), in the bridge I kept the Throbak :cheers:

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
Right now my '57 RI (Pelham Blue) with CM Daugherty Custom '57 pickups through my DSL40c. Soon I'll have a Friedman Runt 50 and a Fender DDRI. Those are my next two guitar related purchases.

Great sound you have with your combo. I love the Fender cleans with a bit of breakup.

GuitarTalk

@GuitarTalk on Instagram
Reaction score
Right now my '57 RI (Pelham Blue) with CM Daugherty Custom '57 pickups through my DSL40c. Soon I'll have a Friedman Runt 50 and a Fender DDRI. Those are my next two guitar related purchases.

Great sound you have with your combo. I love the Fender cleans with a bit of breakup.
Mmmmmm pelham blue :drool:How would you describe those pickups, never tried them before?

zombiwoof

Reaction score
Let me know what your guys’ favourite combination is.:run: I thought I’d share what a perfect combo this is:
- 1957 Gibson True Historic Goldtop (2016)
- 1957 Fender Bandmaster Reissue (2016)

With no pedals (apart from a basic reverb through the front).
You're killin' me!. Really.
Al

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
Mmmmmm pelham blue :drool:How would you describe those pickups, never tried them before?
Man, I'll tell you what these pickups have been the biggest surprise to me. The bridge is full and crunchy, with just the right amount of brightness. It sounds just like a vintage Les Paul should. The neck is nice and clear, good highs but also warm. Great clean tone and crazy good and sweet overdriven tone. There is nothing else I want from PAF style pickups in a Les Paul.

I had no idea what to expect from them, so they were a pleasant surprise. My reference points are Duncan Antiquities and Seth Lovers. Also a Custom Shop set of Greenie pickups from Duncan. I love the Seth Lover most of the standard Duncan offerings. They're nice and bright, articulate yet warm at the same time. They're great.

The Greenie set is a step above the SL and have all of the great traits of the Seth Lovers, but they have an extra sparkle when clean and they compress just a bit more under gain, so when driven harder I think they sound even better.

The CM Daugherty set is very similar to the Greenie set. The CMD might be a hair more open and chimey, or it could just be the guitar their in. My 57' RI is a fabulous guitar. Oh, and Pelham Blue VOS is the best color I have ever owned. It's stellar.

GuitarTalk

@GuitarTalk on Instagram
Reaction score
Man, I'll tell you what these pickups have been the biggest surprise to me. The bridge is full and crunchy, with just the right amount of brightness. It sounds just like a vintage Les Paul should. The neck is nice and clear, good highs but also warm. Great clean tone and crazy good and sweet overdriven tone. There is nothing else I want from PAF style pickups in a Les Paul.

I had no idea what to expect from them, so they were a pleasant surprise. My reference points are Duncan Antiquities and Seth Lovers. Also a Custom Shop set of Greenie pickups from Duncan. I love the Seth Lover most of the standard Duncan offerings. They're nice and bright, articulate yet warm at the same time. They're great.

The Greenie set is a step above the SL and have all of the great traits of the Seth Lovers, but they have an extra sparkle when clean and they compress just a bit more under gain, so when driven harder I think they sound even better.

The CM Daugherty set is very similar to the Greenie set. The CMD might be a hair more open and chimey, or it could just be the guitar their in. My 57' RI is a fabulous guitar. Oh, and Pelham Blue VOS is the best color I have ever owned. It's stellar.
You sold me, Ima try em next time I've got an LP to mod. Just splurged on a new custom with 57 classics in it, thought I was gonna swap em, but man, I forgot how awesome those 57's are

DanD

Reaction score
The '57 Classics are still some of my favorite factory pups. I've got 57s and a few flavors a CBs currently and I'm not swapping any of them out.
:cheers2:

Pappy58

Reaction score
Yeah they had it all solved by 58. My bandmaster is a homemade reproduction. Combo with a LPRI it's the shiat! The 335 sounds pretty damn good through its well.

I also built a NP Deluxe recently, so the Bandmaster has a lil sister! :applause:
IMG_8496.JPG
IMG_0634.jpg

Left Paw

Reaction score
I was born in 1957, so of course everything is best from that time, or as a reissue.

Latest Threads