1956 les Paul opinions on value of this guitar

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
For sure, but I do find it curious why the OP continues to ‘like’ these comments, but doesn’t chip in and state why he’s won’t/can’t divulge the pertinent info, and is ignoring my PM’s? No problem either way, but it is curious when he made a public thread asking for information/opinions, yet won’t reciprocate in kind, with no cost to himself?
Ah well..
I don't find it curious. I guess I would chalk it up to he don't want to.

RAG7890

Reaction score
...........FWIW, I am totally dumbfounded as to the vibe of not helping an interested fellow Forum member when the OP is passing.

So Fred, we'll have to disagree on this, while I agree there is no obligation but c'mon man it's just plain courtesy to help a Forum member out UNLESS the seller has told them not to pass the information on.

If that is the case, then let the next interested member know.

We've all been there & most of us have all helped each other.

Cheers, Rudi

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't have a answer for you, I'm sorry...

Maybe he's trying to do everybody a favor as it is way overpriced...:laugh2:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
...........FWIW, I am totally dumbfounded as to the vibe of not helping an interested fellow Forum member when the OP is passing.

So Fred, we'll have to disagree on this, while I agree there is no obligation but c'mon man it's just plain courtesy to help a Forum member out UNLESS the seller has told them not to pass the information on.

Cheers, Rudi
Seen a minute ago checking out "Members Classified"!
:shock:

His "Benefit of the doubt" ran out.

Capture d’écran (399).png

Jumping@shadows

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Cheers, Rudi
It’s pretty lame/petty of the OP to visibly be following this discussion and smugly continuously ‘like’ comments, yet not take a moment to contribute a quick couple lines to clear up queries even when directly and respectfully asked - an odd little thrill, which doesn’t reflect well on his maturity.

If I get some time I’ll see if I can hunt it down via the info I can glean, but this pettiness hasn’t been a welcome twist.

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And you think he's going to jump in now after all that? Not a chance. You guys just sealed the deal on that. I'm out.

Jumping@shadows

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And you think he's going to jump in now after all that? Not a chance. You guys just sealed the deal on that. I'm out.
Meh- I don’t think anything I could do would influence the OP’s weird attitude, and I have many other fish to fry so all good

Mike I

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful '56 there Mate!

What's yer plans for her?

:hmm:

Jumping@shadows

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Please, please....tell us how you got hold of the guy and got him to send you the guitar.
Well.. We could deduce the guitar was in Europe from the OP’s post, and we can see the store carries Victoria Amps from the various examples in the background.
There’s a limited number of Victoria dealers listed who also sell vintage, so...I emailed them all asking whether they knew the guitar, but unfortunately didn’t get any hits.

Fast forward several months and on one of my guitar safari’s I get talking to a store in Norway about other things and they mention they have a beat up Les Paul in the back of the shop and I immediately pull up the pics I saved from this thread, and yup- same guitar!

Then follows a good two years of chasing it as the owner in fact lives in Cuba and cannot be reached in any way, and we just have to wait for him to roll up out of the blue in order to negotiate the price.

I’d all but given up with my gentle and fruitless enquiry every few months when finally am told he’s back in town and looking to sell, so, a much better deal is struck and this guitar is now mine and I hope to have it by the weekend

AML

Reaction score
Coming soon: The Cuba Burst conversion.

How far will you go? Looking forward to seeing the magic you work on that headstock repair.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Wow!
That's quite a story!

Congratulations!

Here's for your perseverance!

:thumb:

Mike I

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well.. We could deduce the guitar was in Europe from the OP’s post, and we can see the store carries Victoria Amps from the various examples in the background.
There’s a limited number of Victoria dealers listed who also sell vintage, so...I emailed them all asking whether they knew the guitar, but unfortunately didn’t get any hits.

Fast forward several months and on one of my guitar safari’s I get talking to a store in Norway about other things and they mention they have a beat up Les Paul in the back of the shop and I immediately pull up the pics I saved from this thread, and yup- same guitar!

Then follows a good two years of chasing it as the owner in fact lives in Cuba and cannot be reached in any way, and we just have to wait for him to roll up out of the blue in order to negotiate the price.

I’d all but given up with my gentle and fruitless enquiry every few months when finally am told he’s back in town and looking to sell, so, a much better deal is struck and this guitar is now mine and I hope to have it by the weekend
I'm looking for a set of 50's P-90's, if you pull those for any reason!

Thanks.

2manyGuitars

Reaction score
Nice score and great detective work.
...and I have 2 and 2/3 sets of Kluson no-lines if you need some.

A0192213-1582-4A88-BD8B-CFEA5209ED79.jpeg

F96C7C83-FBAF-45A4-B12E-D4ECAA54571C.jpeg

Latest Threads