1956 les Paul opinions on value of this guitar

RAG7890

Reaction score
Restore, don't convert. :)

You would look like a mo-ron if you grafted '57 fins onto a '55 Chevy.

Same goes for Les Pauls. IMHO, of course. :squint:
Michael, I would restore & play it as a '56 P90 Lester but the market wants Conversions. Just the way it is.

Cheers, Rudi

mdubya

Reaction score
Michael, I would restore & play it as a '56 P90 Lester but the market wants Conversions. Just the way it is.

Cheers, Rudi
Meh.

Anyone would look 1000 x cooler playing a Goldy.

Conversion begs of other shortcomings.

This one is so fugazi, I doubt it is real or worth any effort.

mdubya

Reaction score
I think the Barris brothers did alright with their 55 Aztec.
Not sure they used 57 Chev fins though...

There exceptions to prove every rule.

I'll take a restored stock 55, though. :)

Plus that car isn't trying to pretend it is a '57. Which it will never be. :yesway:

Greg's Guitars

Reaction score
but remember everything can be fixed , it all depends on whether or not you can afford to have it fixed right...

[email protected]

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
but remember everything can be fixed , it all depends on whether or not you can afford to have it fixed right...
I charge myself mates rates, so I’m pretty covered in that respect, but it seems the OP isn’t willing to pass on the pertinent info so I guess that’s that.

Colnago1

Reaction score
I'd offer $5K and pay no more than $7K for it.
The headstock needs to be taken care of so that it at least looks stable. I'd go for a refin as well, but that's up to you.
Could(it already is) be a really cool piece.

RAG7890

Reaction score
I charge myself mates rates, so I’m pretty covered in that respect, but it seems the OP isn’t willing to pass on the pertinent info so I guess that’s that.
Ouch, sorry to hear that mate. Pretty common etiquet to let a member know where a Guitar is if you're going to pass on it.

Hopefully he'll change his mind. :)

Good luck.

Cheers, Rudi

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Ouch, sorry to hear that mate. Pretty common etiquet to let a member know where a Guitar is if you're going to pass on it.

Good luck.

Cheers, Rudi
Maybe he's not back from work.
:dunno:

Benefit of the doubt until too late for that.
:D

[email protected]

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Good luck.

Cheers, Rudi
I’d sent a couple friendly PM’s throughout this thread with no response, and also tagged him above, but it’s no biggie- I have plenty to be getting on with, through a relatively local and messed up LP is always high on my list.

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Good luck Joe!

As far as said guitars go, the OP is not obligated to tell anyone anything about their whereabouts imho. That's completely up to him.

Last edited:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
I’d sent a couple friendly PM’s throughout this thread with no response, and also tagged him above, but it’s no biggie- I have plenty to be getting on with, through a relatively local and messed up LP is always high on my list.
Too bad.
Did a Google Image search...
Nothing.

Try "Europe Vintage guitar shop" ?

[email protected]

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Good luck Joe!

As far as said guitars go, the OP is not obligated to tell anyone anything about their whereabouts imho. That's completely up to him.
For sure, but I do find it curious why the OP continues to ‘like’ these comments, but doesn’t chip in and state why he’s won’t/can’t divulge the pertinent info, and is ignoring my PM’s? No problem either way, but it is curious when he made a public thread asking for information/opinions, yet won’t reciprocate in kind, with no cost to himself?
Ah well..

Latest Threads