1955 Les Paul TV Junior Light-washed Natural demoed by Phil X 2014

planks

Reaction score
Been enjoying this new demo. And thinking it might interest some others here too,
here's the description of the video; (no affiliation with FA)

This super rare 13-inch-wide, electric solid body TV Junior weighs just 7.10 lbs. Solid mahogany body with the original 'TV' light-washed mahogany finish on body and neck. One-piece mahogany neck with a nut width of just over 1 11/16 inches, a standard Gibson scale length of 24 3/4 inches and a wonderful thick 'baseball-bat' profile. Brazilian rosewood fretboard with 22 original thin frets and inlaid pearl dot markers. Black-faced headstock with "Gibson" logo and "Les Paul TV Junior" silk-screened in gold. Single-layer black plastic, bell-shaped truss-rod cover with two screws. Three-in-a-line Kluson Deluxe 'single-line' 'no-name' strip tuners with oval white plastic buttons. Serial number inked-on in black on the back of the headstock. Single-layer black plastic pickguard with three screws. One P-90 pickup (in the bridge position) with an output of 7.73k. Black plastic pickup cover stamped on the underside "UC - 450-1 / 2". Two controls (one volume, one tone) on lower treble bout. The potentiometers are stamped "615 2632 518" (ROC, May 1955). Original "Grey Tiger" capacitor. Black plastic bell-shape "Bell" control knobs. Original combination wrap-over bar bridge/tailpiece with two intonation screws. There is some overall finish checking and a few surface marks and indentations, mainly on the top, the edges of the body and the back of the neck. When we removed the truss-rod cover on this guitar we noticed that the nut on the end of the truss-rod had sheared off. We sent the guitar to our expert luthier Scott Lentz who has professionally restored the truss-rod to full working order. Overall this all original fifty-nine year old, very rare Les Paul TV Junior is in exceptionally fine (9.00) condition. Housed in the original Gibson three-latch softshell 'Aligator' case with brown felt lining (9.00). There are two examples of this rare finish featured in The Early Years of the Les Paul Legacy 1915-1963 by Robb Lawrence (p. 181). "Two extremely rare 1955 Les Paul TV models with the unique light-washed "natural" finish."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLaatNuyxis"]Phil X demos 1955 Les Paul TV Junior Light-washed Natural , 2014[/ame]

Reactions: kdm

mbowen

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks missed that one .I think they were asking 20K for that guitar but i could be wrong.Mike B.

Tidewater

Reaction score
Insane. No. Insanity is what I mean.

It's JUST TV. Wheat. What is the big deal? I am missing something very obvious. Obviously.

mbowen

Premium Member
Reaction score
The color progression goes --the First TV JR's -Natural
2nd -WHEAT COLORED
3RD-Butterscotch --limed yellow
4th -Banana Yellow
5th -White
They have the Natural and Butterscotch-limed Yellow shown above here is the Wheat.The colors also overlap each other so it can be confusing.This is my Color Breakdown of TV JR Colors i am sure someone will do it different or call the finishes different names.But if you look i think you will come up with 5 color changes 1955-1961 just on TV JR's got to love Gibson..Thanks Mike B.

Yellow-Banana

White

Sg TV -White

Tidewater

Reaction score
Yeah. Limed. All the ones common to an era are similar. The process changed a little, then the materials. By the time you get to the TVSGs the first few at least are freaking wheat too.

It sounds odd to say it's rare, as if it isn't some kind of standard color. That is what throwed me off the horsey.

RevWillie

Reaction score
The color progression goes --the First TV JR's -Natural

i-szZWKVS.jpg

69 Goldtop

Reaction score
No wheat example?
All those look natural - limed

2nd 1955 6 didgit serial. Was`nt until then..the neck angle got "right"

Latest Threads