1955/59 Conversion

Jumping@shadows

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve just completed a ‘55/‘59 conversion and thought I’d share the results :)

This is a factory stoptail ‘55 with Burst correct factory neck set, weighs 8.6lbs with a perfect chunky neck, and very agreeable two piece flame top with figure suggesting a centre seam, and was previously poorly converted in the ‘70s with chopped down T Tops, a full pound of brass hardware and a crazy 18V fuzz system jammed into the control cavity.

While I love a greened/faded Burst, it’s the rich cherry sunbursts that currently fascinate me, and I feel I really nailed it on this one, and after fading it has a totally aunthentic glowing ‘50s vibe with very rich, complex colour, and it honestly sounds better than it looks.

Attachments

bluesriffdev

Reaction score
That paintjob you did on it really matches the top well. I was looking for a centre-seam and I almost thought this top was entirely one piece until I saw the faint little line under the control knobs. The only bit where the two pieces don't match near the horn has been covered up by the darker paint and pickguard. Really well done!