1952 Les Paul Headstock repair.

BCRGreg

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am working on Maplehead's 1952 Gold Top, and will be posting the pics here. Maplehead can fill us in on the details of the break and repair, but suffice it to say that Elmer's Glue and strapping tape are NOT the idea repair materials.

Images soon......

TKOjams

Reaction score
Excelent!
"You want the best, you got the best".

MRJ5

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am working on Maplehead's 1952 Gold Top, and will be posting the pics here. Maplehead can fill us in on the details of the break and repair, but suffice it to say that Elmer's Glue and strapping tape are NOT the idea repair materials.
So we are going to see plan B?:naughty:

oscaron00

Reaction score
OMG signed by Mr Les Paul Dear lord, did you know how they use black tape to reparte that beauty?

EagleOnyx

Reaction score
wow! when I saw the first headstock picture... it really felt like I got kicked in the nuts! That makes me sad all day!

Can you fix it? YES you can!

Meathead872

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A very very good friend of mine loaned this out to me, his dad brouht this guitar in from New York city in '53'. In '58' it was laying on the couch with the headstock resting on the arm and someone sat on it from what he told me. My buddy's dad fit it back together with elmers glue and tape and went on playing like this for years and it sounds sweet just as you see it. I think I'm making a good move by taking it to one of the best luthiers in the country and I know it's gonna look good when it's done. I had the guitar sighned by Les Paul at the Iridium when it was located at 48W 63rd st in Nov of '98'

BCRGreg

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There you have it. Thanks for trusting me, Maplehead.

So the parts are off....

And it gets uglier......

Peel time!

OH. MY. GOD.

I never saw a festering headstock repair before. Time to go get some counseling.

Indyclone

Reaction score
You just getting the neck fixed or are you going to have Greg do one of his handy dandy '52 bridge fixes?

Nice guitar btw!

TKOjams

Reaction score
looks like it might have been a wall hanger.:hmm:

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Looks like my handywork.

I look forward to seeing the end result.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sniff it, Greg. If it smells like cheese, you might have to amputate.

Meathead872

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You just getting the neck fixed or are you going to have Greg do one of his handy dandy '52 bridge fixes?

Nice guitar btw!
Thanks! Going to keep it stock just like it left the factory in '52', the strings are wearing though the bar and it needs a fret level. I been playing this since the 70's like this and i'm very use to it and believe me this wasn't a wall hanger.:)