1950's Juniors: what style of knobs?

lunchbox

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what style of knobs were stock on 1950's Juniors. I'm seeing online conflicting opinions on whether they were top hats or speed knobs. Or maybe they were different for different years?

Also, did the original Juniors come with pointers? Again, seems conflicting. Maybe some did, some didn't?

Thanks.

efstop

rude and low IQ'd
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the sunburst models had gold top hats and the TV yellow models had black top hats.
Although my yellow Epi '57 Reissue Junior closely resembles a Gibson, it had gold top hats on it, so I replaced them with black ones, based on Google images :)

Here's a pic of a real '57 posted at truevintageguitar.com. It has the thumb cutters :)

57Junior.jpg

Airplane

Reaction score
my 55 has amber top hats, tv yellow had black ones. i recall seeing 54s with speedknobs.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what style of knobs were stock on 1950's Juniors. I'm seeing online conflicting opinions on whether they were top hats or speed knobs. Or maybe they were different for different years?

Also, did the original Juniors come with pointers? Again, seems conflicting. Maybe some did, some didn't?

Thanks.
I hate speed knobs so much that I'm gonna say Top Hats!

:)

Latest Threads