11 months after relocated family-kids still hate it here.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
They say, "You can never go home again.". I guess you are about to find out.

Thoughts and prayers, thoughts and prayers.

Blues4U

Reaction score

It depends on where home is, why you left, how long you have been gone and if either YOU or HOME have changed in any significant way.

Honestly, I have probably changed in a significant way--as in, I don't hate this place like I use to, as I have realized how much my kids love it here. And truthfully, I have realized that I can be a lot happier with a lot less chaos in my life along with a lot more simplicity--

I agree that you cannot go back to your old home town after 5010 or 15 years, as nothing is as you remember it and both will have changed so much that neither will recognize the other.

We kept our house, our friends and family ties in tact and have been back 3 times since last August and we are still connected to this place.

Who knows---

:hmm:

Caleb

Reaction score
We kept our house, our friends and family ties in tact and have been back 3 times since last August and we are still connected to this place.

Who knows---

:hmm:

This sums up the whole thread to me. You kept the entire old life on the back burner, leaving its temptation conspicuously there. I would assume this didn't go unnoticed by the kids. I don't mean to be rude, but if you never completely committed to the new locale I think that this result was pretty much inevitable. Lifestyle changes are successful when you don't constantly look back.

Whatever you decide I wish you the best.

Shawn Lutz

Reaction score
Home is wherever you make it, not necessarily where you lived previously ;)

bertzie

Reaction score

They're wrong. It doesn't matter where the house is. As long as you have the people you love, and that love you, then you're home.

Stage Fright

Banned
Reaction score
Having a family happy is priceless. Talk to them about making the move and go over the pros and cons with them, then make the decision.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Blues, you got kids. Let them have what they need until they turn 18.

Then give them a bus ticket and go wherever you want.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Reaction score
They're wrong. It doesn't matter where the house is. As long as you have the people you love, and that love you, then you're home.

That is true about "home". I think the saying is more about how time moves on and things change, and nothing will be like it used to be. :thumb:

Reaction score
You either need to make a clean break and get rid of the house in Indiana or just go back. The situation you're in now is not healthy. The kids will never adapt as long as there is something to hold on to.

HeartString

>>>RSIYH<<<
Reaction score
Home is the the small space a guy creates for himself that he can call his. Like the 3' x 3' closet storage space for his clothes, the shed where he can keep his guitar, tv and cot and the bathroom with locking door to escape the drama imho.

Caleb

Reaction score
You either need to make a clean break and get rid of the house in Indiana or just go back. The situation you're in now is not healthy. The kids will never adapt as long as there is something to hold on to.

One hundred percent this. Nail on the head.

Blues4U

Reaction score

Honestly, keeping the house long term was never THE PLAN-That's just how it worked out.

When the chance to move came about, it happened quickly and I still had some remodel projects to finish. My plans were to get things going on track in Florida and make a few trips back by myself to finish things up and get the house on the market.

I was soo busy at work that I wasn't able to get back and finish things up so I just hung on to the house.

Might be dumb luck, good Karma or an odd twist of fate, but still having this house is going to save me from a lot of potential problems-I have options and If I had sold the place, my options would be very limited.

No clue how things will end up in the end, but things will run much smoother during this transition with a solid home front. This much I am 100% certain of.

MineGoesTo11

Reaction score
Your youngest is young enough to adjust and make new friends.. The 16 year old will be college age before you know it... You and the wife have the rest of your lives.. Think about what you want to be doing after they leave the nest.

Blues4U

Reaction score
Sitting in my bedroom (well, its more than a bedroom, i guess the modern term is Master Bedroom Suite as a couple years ago We added on to out upstairs and our room is sort of like its own little studio apartment) I am listening to the rain strike the window on my birthday. The bedroom sounds much more impressive than it actually is, but its a cool living space in my mind--and I built it for the most part, so there is that factor as well.

My wife said "Sorry its raining on your birthday. I was hoping we could do something outside today" I told her no need to be sorry, as I am alive and feeling good. Rainy days don't bother me all that much anyway.

Its been a rather good past few days. Visiting with family and friends in familiar surroundings has been a Godsend.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
So what did you get for your birthday?

Cheers

Latest Threads