11 months after relocated family-kids still hate it here.

River

Reaction score
After reading alll that rambling your telling us instead of being a mature adult and moving on.. Your blaming your parents for making you socially ackward and so- so musician,
You're a dick. Can't spell very well, and complete sentences are beyond our capabilities.

Please do go on.

Gene+Wilder.jpg

DagerOne

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdLBLwk0V94]Jim Nabors Sings "Back Home Again In Indiana" 2010 Indianapolis 500 - YouTube[/ame]

I don't know that moving back is the right thing for you, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to post Mr. Jim Nabors.

We (that's me speaking for all Hoosiers) don't begrudge you for leaving, and would welcome you back with open arms. :)

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
Good reasons to stay.

Good reasons to go back.

The tipping for me, personally, would be that from what I've heard the restaurant industry is hell....especially owning one. I was talking to a friend who recently sold a BBQ restaurant. He said getting that thing off his back was one of the best things he ever did. Still doesn't know why he decided to get into it. It was bad. He never had a shortage of stories about the kind of crap he had to deal with day-in-day-out.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Some places just aren't a good fit for everyone. There's no harm in admitting that.

Some people will be miserable wherever they move... It will never perfectly match the paradise they left to get there, so why did they leave to begone with? It can be a vicious cycle.

But it sounds like you've given Florida a chance and it hasn't really worked out, although I would generally say that 11 months isn't really long enough to truly settle into a new place, and to get a feel for what it has to offer.

DRF

Reaction score
Jeezus... I went back to my post to fix my spelling of awkward and then saw Manchild getting razzed for his misspelling of it. That was akward.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Florida sucks.

People almost seem autistic there. It's a constant state of awkward social contact, mixed in with rudeness. You can't talk to people. You have to be introduced by a mutual third party or else it's weird.

I really hold no desire to go back to that place.

Blues4U

Reaction score
Things have been odd for me since our arrival early tuesday morning. I am finding myself wondering if I should stay or if I should go.

My son got up early today, refused to eat and went next door to his friends house to roust him up and spend the day playing with him.

This afternoon my son looked up at me and said "dad, don't ever sell this house. This is where my friends are. This is where my family lives. I love this place. ".

My daughter was asked to go to the Warped Tour with her friends tomorrow. She I loving life right now a well.

Part of me hates this place, the other part feels at home and at peace.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Can't spell very well, and complete sentences are beyond our capabilities.
you may want to take a swing at me for this, or you may get a laugh out it.
I wouldn't have quoted you like this if, I wasn't betting on the latter.

I'm guessing that you meant "beyond your capabilities", after you pointed out his spelling errors.

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Things have been odd for me since our arrival early tuesday morning. I am finding myself wondering if I should stay or if I should go.

My son got up early today, refused to eat and went next door to his friends house to roust him up and spend the day playing with him.

This afternoon my son looked up at me and said "dad, don't ever sell this house. This is where my friends are. This is where my family lives. I love this place. ".

My daughter was asked to go to the Warped Tour with her friends tomorrow. She I loving life right now a well.

How does your wife feel about this?

JTM45

Reaction score

You're in a tough spot man, but there has to be a pretty good value for being at peace.

irishstu

Reaction score
Good luck, whatever you do, Blues4U. Personally, I think I would move back, but I absolutely cannot speak for you.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
We (that's me speaking for all Hoosiers) don't begrudge you for leaving, and would welcome you back with open arms. :)
Not me. He can go straight to hell! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

That's a hard situation, because I know how it can feel being stuck in "good ole" G-castle. ;)

For those who don't know, I grew up, went to college, lived for a few more years, and still worked for a few more years after that in the same town that Blues moved from. 30 years total. It's a small town with nothing to do. It's kind of nice in that things are quiet and everybody knows each other for the most part, but at the same time, you have to drive almost an hour just to have something other than Walmart.

You mentioned moving a little south of there. Would your kids still be happy with that? Or are they set on being right there with their friends?

Blues4U

Reaction score
Not me. He can go straight to hell! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

That's a hard situation, because I know how it can feel being stuck in "good ole" G-castle. ;)

For those who don't know, I grew up, went to college, lived for a few more years, and still worked for a few more years after that in the same town that Blues moved from. 30 years total. It's a small town with nothing to do. It's kind of nice in that things are quiet and everybody knows each other for the most part, but at the same time, you have to drive almost an hour just to have something other than Walmart.

You mentioned moving a little south of there. Would your kids still be happy with that? Or are they set on being right there with their friends?

If I am to move south a little, I wouldn't do it until my daughter graduated in 2 years.

We have many friends and family in the town my inlaws live in so it shouldn't be much of a problem if we went that route.

Latest Threads