10S Guitars

justjoshin

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have noticed a lot of youtubers recently posting reviews on the custom shop guitars from 10Sguitars.com. Rob Chapman, Darrell Braun, Agufish, and Riffs Beards & gear just to name a few that have posted videos of them. So I reached out to them for a quote for a custom built LP style spec'd out to my idea for a cool guitar and the price isn't bad at all. I only found 1 post on here about them and wanted to see if anyone had feedback with actual experience with them?

Thanks
JB

greens

Reaction score
I have actual experience with them but if you saw the other post you probably saw it already.

Last edited:

TheWilly17

Reaction score
Ya they have definitely caught my interest as well. I was all for ordering a Strat style guitar from them, until I noticed the upper horn looked oddly like a,,,,,,,,,,well you check it out and you will see what I mean.

justjoshin

Reaction score
Ya they have definitely caught my interest as well. I was all for ordering a Strat style guitar from them, until I noticed the upper horn looked oddly like a,,,,,,,,,,well you check it out and you will see what I mean.
:lol:

justjoshin

Reaction score
Greens, I'm not sure 10S is selling on ebay any longer. They have a Reverb store. I contacted them right from their website, and was sent a custom build form to fill out. Transactions are available with PayPal.

greens

Reaction score
I'm almost sure they deal on ebay under the chguitars123 account. Those guitars are exactly the same as what Spring was selling.

Roxy13

Reaction score
@greens wow that looks really nice! I really want a singlecut with P90s but not a gold top and my other choices in a MIJ are really limited. I wouldn't mind getting a husk to finish. I was considering ordering one through Tokai like the wine red Custom one I finished. Is the headstock blank? I don't want anything that says G on it.

greens

Reaction score
@greens wow that looks really nice! I really want a singlecut with P90s but not a gold top and my other choices in a MIJ are really limited. I wouldn't mind getting a husk to finish. I was considering ordering one through Tokai like the wine red Custom one I finished. Is the headstock blank? I don't want anything that says G on it.
For the record i would not recommend 10S/Spring. It is an nice guitar in the end but I put a lot of work in to make it so. And I had to deal with all sorts of lying and attempted ripoffs for eight months which I think I described in the other thread.

Generally any China seller who does custom work will leave a blank headstock if you want, or put your own logo on there. I made a Goldtop from a husk I bought from a different aliexpress seller who I had a better experience with. I got this recommendation from user Mazerius who did a thread about his experience. The AE store now has no product listed but you can still contact and there is recent feedback so I believe a custom order may still be possible.

Here is my Goldtop - all parts and finishing mine, and I sent to China the Braz rosewood fretboard + inlays which he used. Long tenon neck, which is a HUGE profile like I asked for. All mahogany. I glued the neck with hot hide glue and the angle and joint was fine as it came.

Attachments

Roxy13

Reaction score
In the end I will likely go with Tokai. The other husk came out really nicely for me and I know what to expect from Tokai.

TheWilly17

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have noticed a lot of youtubers recently posting reviews on the custom shop guitars from 10Sguitars.com. Rob Chapman, Darrell Braun, Agufish, and Riffs Beards & gear just to name a few that have posted videos of them. So I reached out to them for a quote for a custom built LP style spec'd out to my idea for a cool guitar and the price isn't bad at all. I only found 1 post on here about them and wanted to see if anyone had feedback with actual experience with them?

Thanks
JB
I have also seen many reviews by folks that were not professional YouTuber's, and their 10S guitars were not the quality of the previously mentioned reviewers. What I am saying is, I think 10S is capable of producing a good guitar with attention to detail for you,,,,as long as you have a YT viewership that can influence their sales.

I will pass!

greens

Reaction score
I will say it is pretty bananas that they have gone to NAMM in the US several times. They built their business as counterfeiters and still are as far as I can tell.

justjoshin

Reaction score
I have also seen many reviews by folks that were not professional YouTuber's, and their 10S guitars were not the quality of the previously mentioned reviewers. What I am saying is, I think 10S is capable of producing a good guitar with attention to detail for you,,,,as long as you have a YT viewership that can influence their sales.

I will pass!
That is exactly why I was asking for some info from ordinary folks about them. No doubt they are sending the best for people with an audience to review.

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
My first experience hearing about this company was them making counterfeit Gibsons. Of course they can make it with any headstock shape and logo ya want but.. guys who want to spend $200-$300 for just the logo... they even made “high end” replicas in the $500-$600 range.. aged and relic’d just like their American counterparts. Pearly, Page, Greeny, and so on.. fast forward a year or two they popped up being mentioned by well known YouTubers. Not for a knock off but for a different take on the single cut.. their own logo and headstock...I guess trying to get a name as builder in general to build whatever your heart desires. Sadly there’s a lot of people who will buy that cheap knock off. By a lot of people I mean a lot of people who don’t really know the difference outside of theI’ve seen some real convincing knock offs but they’re never really right.

who knows, maybe they’re trying to get out of that part of the market and become a low cost builder of...anything.

On a side note, a friend of a friend ordered a knock off but with his own logo. G brand shaped headstock though. I wound up with it out of curiosity. The dimarzio pickups that was swapped JB was worth as much as the guitar. The frets were... terrible. I swear they’re were melted down car antennas lmao.. fretboard looked ebony but I was afraid to clean it as if the ebony would come off lmao... it was a conversation piece.. looked cool and sounded decent. I don’t know what builder he bought it from across the pond.. there’s no tellin

My Les Paul Classifieds