100 watt bedroom amp with no attenuator

996ttcab

Reaction score
Okay, I did switch it to 50 watt mode. Channel 3, volume so low you can hear me pick over it at times. The fret buzz is due to hard attack and not coming through amp. Channel 3(b), but I did switch to channel 3(a) and back toward the end. Volume is just at audible so 1 or less than 1. EQ is basically 5, 5, 6, which really does not matter because tone does not kick in until you crank it a bit. Nevertheless, still very useable decent bedroom level sound for a 100 watt head.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoIDjWEwiG8]YouTube - H&K Triamp at low volume Crazy Train, Enter Sandman, Ozzy, Randy Rhodes, Metallica[/ame]

Texas07R8

Reaction score
I just bought a used B-52 100w combo amp with 2x12's for a good price about $400 and it frikkin rocks and can do so at bedroom volumes but still sounds even better the more you crank it. A dozen tubes of pure tone. I just sold a Marshall 1960A Vintage cabinet with the same amp just in single head form. I just couldn't get as good a tone at low level as I could at the "please turn that down honey" level. I was really surprised to hear how good this 100w combo did. I'm running mine in Class A/B mode to help keep the heat down as it's a combo with inverted tubes but man I do love the tone. Class A sounds great too but the amp gets hot with the tubes getting power all the time and I really don't notice much sag. Class A mode is warmer in more ways than one.

996ttcab

Reaction score
I just bought a used B-52 100w combo amp with 2x12's for a good price about $400 and it frikkin rocks and can do so at bedroom volumes but still sounds even better the more you crank it. A dozen tubes of pure tone. I just sold a Marshall 1960A Vintage cabinet with the same amp just in single head form. I just couldn't get as good a tone at low level as I could at the "please turn that down honey" level. I was really surprised to hear how good this 100w combo did. I'm running mine in Class A/B mode to help keep the heat down as it's a combo with inverted tubes but man I do love the tone. Class A sounds great too but the amp gets hot with the tubes getting power all the time and I really don't notice much sag. Class A mode is warmer in more ways than one.

Awesome. I do have to put a little volume on channel 2a and 2b, but not to much to make it sound good. Sounds okay at 1 to 2, but really starts hitting that AC/DC crunch at 3.

So nice to get the gain you want without having to hit the volume hard. No attenuator is just one less cable and connection to impair or dilute the signal.

The power tubes on my Triamp really do not start hitting until about 3 or 4 and that is loud. I tried to shoot a video today with it at 3 or 4 and it just blew the mic away in my computer. Totally unusable. To bad, I actually hit Eugene's Trick bag at speed without hardly any mistakes and the recording is garbled, distorted crap. So I flicked the volume down and shot this video.

Tenacious T

Reaction score
Love the HK head bro. Awesome! Love to have one of those one day.

Latest Threads