$100,000 Les Paul R8

Mr Insane

Reaction score
Condition = Very Good

https://reverb.com/item/10333911-gibson-les-paul-jr-single-cut-1958-burst

Reverb cracks me up :laugh2:

I guess it's 'very good' when compared to one that's snapped into two pieces? :laugh2:

lawds

even one of the headstock wing-tips is broken off,..but the condition is 'very good'.
I know when I get ready to buy a $5,500. guitar I want it compared to 'old underwear' in the ad description. WTF? :laugh2:

jeeeezz
I'm still trying to figure out why people say "plays like butter"

I sure the hell am not going to buy a guitar if it has any butter on it.

Left Paw

Reaction score
While considered accurate at the time, those early reissues weren't very accurate at all. Get a look at that boat oar-sized headstock as but one example.

chef

Reaction score
Someone should try to trade him a real '56 and see if he'll take the bait. "Don't like the p-90s"

I Break Things

Reaction score
I sent him a lowball offer. See if he takes the bait. lol

Why, I even mentioned that he can swing over and let me try it at my place, and I'd have my Line 6 warmed up.

I have my response already prepared..."That a Chibson?" :laugh2:
I hope you're not serious, otherwise you are the problem with CL.
Paypal Gift only. :rofl:
I've never used Craigslist. My dad was a cop so I always heard the horror stories involving it. Can you guys explain to me what "the problem" is that TheX is talking about? What's the joke about PayPal gift mean?

ErictheRed

Reaction score
I've seen that ad for more than two years, it pops up in the Bay Area sometimes. I've always wondered whether he accidentally stuck an extra zero on the end.

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
I've never used Craigslist. My dad was a cop so I always heard the horror stories involving it. Can you guys explain to me what "the problem" is that TheX is talking about? What's the joke about PayPal gift mean?
With PayPal gift you can't dispute the transaction. Its like handing them cash.

I've actually had a couple of good experiences with CL. You just have to be careful and test what you're buying. I got a near mint DRRI off of CL for $600.00. Guy just couldn't bond with it. We met up in a Starbucks and I tested it at one of the tables. Amazed they didn't give us a hard time about setting up in their store!

I Break Things

Reaction score
With PayPal gift you can't dispute the transaction. Its like handing them cash.

I've actually had a couple of good experiences with CL. You just have to be careful and test what you're buying. I got a near mint DRRI off of CL for $600.00. Guy just couldn't bond with it. We met up in a Starbucks and I tested it at one of the tables. Amazed they didn't give us a hard time about setting up in their store!
Thanks for explaining it, mate. I'm internet- and tech-challenged. Confuses the crap out of everyone! :laugh2:

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had Leo reissue I bought back in 1983, and sold it because I had to and regretted ever since. I loved that guitar but it was nowhere as good as my '14 R8s,.... not even close.

The Guitar Trader models of the same period where better guitars. The very early Guitar Trader LPs had real New Old Stock PAFs installed.

XpensiveWino

Reaction score
I like how he puts the guitar next to his 'nice' car for a money shot, and forgets the ratty metal screen door is in the frame!