01 Standard real?

BornDead

Reaction score
Thinking about trading my 99 classic for this 01 standard. Tobacco Burst is my favorite color and I've never owned anything in it.
The dude has sent me some pictures but they're not the best. EMG's are installed in it. Those will be removed almost immediately. He also doesn't have the case for it but offered me an epiphone case instead. Haven't asked about papers. I don't wanna risk driving an hour and a half to check out a fake guitar.
To me, everything looks like it checks out. Frets, serial number, parts, etc. but I figured I would bring it to the experts to help me confirm it..

Attachments

• image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 93
  • image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 90
  • image (4).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 88
  • image (5).jpg
    image (5).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image (7).jpg
    image (7).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 76

BornDead

Reaction score
Extra pictures I couldn't fit.

Attachments

• image (8).jpg
    image (8).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 62
  • image (6).jpg
    image (6).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 41

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Yes.

And, be very careful if you decide to buy it, especially with him adding an Epi case, because the headstock end of the case will be pitched at 14 degrees, which is too shallow for the 17 degree angle of the headstocks on most Gibsons.

BornDead

Reaction score
Yes.

And, be very careful if you decide to buy it, especially with him adding an Epi case, because the headstock end of the case will be pitched at 14 degrees, which is too shallow for the 17 degree angle of the headstocks on most Gibsons.

Thanks, I did not know that!
Do you think the case in the pictures would be better suited than the epi? I travel a lot and wanted a case that would protect it more and am choosing between the one pictured and the epi case.

TobaccoBurst1983

Reaction score
Hmmm, without testing the other one I wouldn't change the guitar!
Just because the finish? Why not wait until you can buy one which has your favourite finish? :)
And think about it: You have a sought after 90s LP Classic! Fine instruments...

Don't sell your guitar... ;)

Which EMGs are in the Std.? They are good PUs in a LP and will work fine. Why would you going to throw them out? Already played one with EMGs?

BornDead

Reaction score
Hmmm, without testing the other one I wouldn't change the guitar!
Just because the finish? Why not wait until you can buy one which has your favourite finish? :)
And think about it: You have a sought after 90s LP Classic! Fine instruments...

Don't sell your guitar... ;)

Which EMGs are in the Std.? They are good PUs in a LP and will work fine. Why would you going to throw them out? Already played one with EMGs?

I wouldn't ever trade without playing the other one first and doing some comparing. If I like my Classic more in the end, I'll keep it. I'm driving to him for the meet so if it doesn't work out the only one losing is me with time and gas.

I just don't like EMG's. I've played them in Les Pauls, ESP Eclipse's, and others. They're cool but not my thing. I wouldn't throw them out. I would sell them and probably pick up another set of Lace Pickups!

Fernandomania

Reaction score
Looks legit to me. Make sure you're really happy with it before you make a trade. Once the emotion wears off, you might be disappointed.

mchoate1

Reaction score
I would not trade, But if you do. Think about keeping your real Gibson
case. Let him keep the Epi case... You real case is much better...

adamsvok

Reaction score
Thanks, I did not know that!
Do you think the case in the pictures would be better suited than the epi? I travel a lot and wanted a case that would protect it more and am choosing between the one pictured and the epi case.

I use an Epi hard shell case for my Gibson which is just fine.

BornDead

Reaction score
There are a lot of defenders of the classic against the standard. Any reason why?

Latest Threads