“What advice would you give to your younger self?”

parts

Reaction score
All those girls you were with... remember..are mom's and grandma's..so those remembrances and dreams are just illusions..

rabidhamster

Reaction score
When it was time for high school, my parents wanted to send me to Hebron Academy (private boarding school). I refused because I didn't want to leave my friends and the life I knew. Growing up an Air Force brat I moved every couple of years which made it impossible to form strong long term relationships. Once my father retired we settled in coastal downeast Maine. I couldn't bear the thought of uprooting again.

HUGE MISTAKE ON MY PART!

Hebron would have surrounded me high achieving people and taken my life in a completely different direction.
You might have been the next Hebron James

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to change much at all about my life now. Certainly wouldn't want to end up married to anyone else, because I wouldn't have the wonderful kids I have.

Perhaps "save more money, instead of wasting it."

Deftone

Reaction score
My 1st Machinist job was in the same building Yahoo started in. I used to see that Jerry what's his name get out of his POS car and walk into work barefoot. For a second, I thought they made chocolate milk. There was about 12 businesses in that building on Pioneer way in Mt. View, CA.

Then one day Yahoo offered every business in the building $50K to GTFO. My buddy/co-worker had just inherited $10K from his grandma and he wanted to invest it. I told him to buy Yahoo stock. He said "nah...too risky."

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
My 1st Machinist job was in the same building Yahoo started in. I used to see that Jerry what's his name get out of his POS car and walk into work barefoot. For a second, I thought they made chocolate milk. There was about 12 businesses in that building on Pioneer way in Mt. View, CA.

Then one day Yahoo offered every business in the building $50K to GTFO. My buddy/co-worker had just inherited $10K from his grandma and he wanted to invest it. I told him to buy Yahoo stock. He said "nah...too risky."
Well, it wasnt risky until much later. Was all downhill after the AOL buyout.

A 5 year hold would have been NICE

rogue3

Reaction score
1. Buy bitcoin.
2. Buy Tesla stock.
The very first time i did a google search(2002-3 ?),instead of the usual,useless yahoo search, i pretty much fell off my chair. Folks we have a winner.Should have.

Last edited:

joba

Reaction score
Some great advice .
When my son was born fourteen years ago I started writing a letter to him. Advice from your father. It's quite long now. Quotes , famous sayings ,trials and tribulations of life .Some I learned from my father and others I learned the harder way. Glad I had an extremely tough father.
I had no real choice , didn't like it at the time but happy I listened.
Trying now to direct my son in the same direction. Just doing it in a different way.
Life is too short not to enjoy it.

Latest Threads