“What advice would you give to your younger self?”

toymaker

Reaction score
Most important life lesson I could give to my 21 year old self (or just about any 21 year old)

Step 1. Work your ass off, save every dime you can
Step 2. Go to Vegas in August- take that wad you saved and place it all on Browns to win super bowl that season.
Step 3. Spend the next 4 months kicking yourself in the ass and never risk hard earned money seeking soft money ever again.

Yea, you wasted a year - but you'll be 22 and have learned 2 valuable lessons...never risk what you can't emotionally afford to lose and never, ever expect a Cleveland team to not destroy your dreams...

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
When it was time for high school, my parents wanted to send me to Hebron Academy (private boarding school). I refused because I didn't want to leave my friends and the life I knew. Growing up an Air Force brat I moved every couple of years which made it impossible to form strong long term relationships. Once my father retired we settled in coastal downeast Maine. I couldn't bear the thought of uprooting again.

HUGE MISTAKE ON MY PART!

Hebron would have surrounded me high achieving people and taken my life in a completely different direction.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
Yeah...

I can’t think of a single thing I could tell my younger self that:
(a) my younger self would have taken any notice of; or
(b) that would make any difference today.

I‘ve made plenty of mistakes in life, bad calls, etc, but I’m not sure that the road I took didn’t also lead to the many good things I’ve got out of life.

cheers.
Ya, I would ignore any kind of good advice I would give myself. Instead I would tell myself, you know all that "weird" stuff you are wanting to do but aren't doing because you're worried people will judge you for it? Just fucking go for it. You'll feel better about yourself.

Rds

Reaction score
I would tell myself
Don't be such a dumbass ( covers alot)
And don't sell the 81 RD artist with rare victory neck Dumbass!
still kicking my own ass over that one.

TheWelder

Reaction score
I graduated high school in 1995. That summer, my sister's friend told me 'take all the money you are going to waste on college and invest in Apple.' I believe Apple was trading at around $1.50 / share at the time.

I wish I could go back in time and force myself to take this advice.

Mockbel

Reaction score
Well .. nothing to be honest... worst things happened to me in life brought some best things as well... for example, the terrible accident that kept me in bed for 6 months gave me the opportunity to think of career shift, a breakthrough in career actually.... and marriage gave me three awesome kids !

Latest Threads