“They were made by Bharat Kandekar. But I had them rewound by Jon Gundry/Throbak since I didn’t like the sound. He also changed the magnets.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

matte

Reaction score
corroborate the provenance?

really?

are you questioning my honesty?

+1. Though he obviously has no obligation to weigh in here, it does seem as though Jon could help at least somewhat to corroborate the provenance of these pickups.

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
corroborate the provenance?

really?

are you questioning my honesty?
I'm not questioning anything. You're asking $1600 for these pickups under the guise that they are incredibly sought-after and desirable for their tone, yet were rebuilt immediately by someone else whose pickups sell for a fraction of that. All I'm saying is, some expert input might help satisfy a potential buyer who is hesitant due to the circumstances.

RAG7890

Reaction score
Frankly I hope the mods leave this FS ad in place as it adds to the "vibe" of the Forum with some useful information, if you catch my drift.

I do feel for the person if they coughed this amount up & they are getting Throbaks, because OTPG PU's they are not.

As to the builder etc. I'll have a TM over a JG every day of the week.

My 2c FWIW.
:cheers2:

matte

Reaction score
022F2352-D685-40A9-812C-8BAEF66C4EBB.jpeg

Frankly I hope the mods leave this FS ad in place as it adds to the "vibe" of the Forum with some useful information, if you catch my drift.

I do feel for the person if they coughed this amount up & they are getting Throbaks, because OTPG PU's they are not.

As to the builder etc. I'll have a TM over a JG every day of the week.

My 2c FWIW.

RAG7890

Reaction score
I've got $1 that says they didn't.

Not for 2.5x what new Throbacks go for.
Agree, the pump & dump has..................crashed & burned.

So the story goes that Johan Gustavsson (JG Guitars in Sweden) had Bharat K. (England) wind a Set of OTPG PU's for him, for a Guitar, some time back whenever.

When he received them he wasn't happy with the tonez, so he sent said PU's to Jon Gundry at Throbak to be rewound. Jon rewound said PU's & replaced the Magnets.

Then through a course of events they were put up for sale here at a lowly, cost effective price of $1,600, which is about what an original, untouched, unmolested Set of OTPG PU's ~ sells for.

Throbak was not mentioned in the FS Thread heading.

Bharat can't wind PU's with the right tonez.

Jon fixed Bharat's not so good sounding PU's.

Seller wants full tote $$$ for full tote molested PU's.

The membership rebels because the FS ad is on the nose.

The seller deletes all the posts relating to the PU's..............because..............get it.............they sold.

I think that about covers it.

Last edited:

matte

Reaction score
more like?

Agree, the pump & dump has..................crashed & burned.

So the story goes that Johan Gustavsson (JG Guitars in Sweden) had Bharat K. (England) wind a Set of OTPG PU's for him, for a Guitar, some time back whenever.

When he received them he wasn't happy with the tonez, so he sent said PU's to Jon Gundry at Throbak to be rewound. Jon rewound said PU's & replaced the Magnets.

Then through a course of events they were put up for sale here at a lowly, cost effective price of $1,600, which is about what an original, untouched, unmolested Set of OTPG PU's ~ sells for.

Throbak was not mentioned in the FS Thread heading.

Bharat can't wind PU's with the right tonez.

Jon fixed Bharat's not so good sounding PU's.

Seller wants full tote $$$ for full tote molested PU's.

The membership rebels because the FS ad is on the nose.

The seller deletes all the posts relating to the PU's..............because..............get it.............they sold.

I think that about covers it.

Status
Not open for further replies.