“Happy Pride!”

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Some dumb drunk bitch just walked by and said that to me in the alley.. it’s not a holiday like St. Pats or Christmas, so STFU skank!

So goddamn stupid..

JTM45

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will be a Holiday, she was just practicing.

I’m still trying to figure out why I’m so against the gay thing, I’m not gay, my wife’s not gay, I don’t have gay relatives, we have a gay neighbor but that’s about it.

I wonder if it goes back to the era I was raised in? In Europe it’s widely accepted

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't get the anger. Who the hell cares? Does it hurt or effect you? It sounds like that whole "war on Christmas" / "happy holidays" bullshit.

Getting mad at shit that doesn't matter, because somewhere sometime someone told you to (or something). Just blow it off and move on.

45WinMag

Reaction score
It will be a Holiday, she was just practicing.

I’m still trying to figure out why I’m so against the gay thing, I’m not gay, my wife’s not gay, I don’t have gay relatives, we have a gay neighbor but that’s about it.

I wonder if it goes back to the era I was raised in? In Europe it’s widely accepted
Most people are accepting of gays, but are tired of walking on eggshells around every grievance group. People tend to not have an issue with homosexuality, they have an issue with obnoxious radical activist behavior.

An Onion article, but still pretty much nails it:
https://www.theonion.com/gay-pride-parade-sets-mainstream-acceptance-of-gays-bac-1819566014

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
I don't get the anger. Who the hell cares? Does it hurt or effect you? It sounds like that whole "war on Christmas" / "happy holidays" bullshit.

Getting mad at shit that doesn't matter, because somewhere sometime someone told you to (or something). Just blow it off and move on.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not angry about it.. it’s just that everything has to be a “thing” now.. and it’s a moot point in these times. I accept everything these days, I just don’t want it constantly thrown in my face.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not angry about it.. it’s just that everything has to be a “thing” now.. and it’s a moot point in these times. I accept everything these days, I just don’t want it constantly thrown in my face.
Yeah, it does get tiring when EVERYTHING is a thing or "issue". But think on this... the ones who just say happy whatever mean well.

"Happy Festivus" - Thanks
"Happy holidays" - Thanks
"Happy first day of new Godzilla film" - Thanks

It's the ones who get aggressive and obnoxious that you sic the cops on. Like the "her name was Snow" idiot.

<grabs your sandwich,. throws it on the ground, yelling "Meat is murder" - No, NOW you get to see a murder"

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
Someone saying “Happy Pride!” Is NOT rubbing it in your faces. If they whip it out and start doing another dude in front of you and keep saying “Hey buddy, what do you think of this? You like that?” Lol that’s rubbing it in your face.

defcrew

Reaction score
My daughter is what we in the bad old daze used to call a "fag hag." She's always loved gay guys even though she is hetero. I've known lots of women like this through time. Few days dack she brought a couple of these guys to the pool at an apt complex where my son is resident mgr. So, they are hanging at the pool and the two guys just keep going on and on about whose turn it is to be on top tonight, etc. I don't know if it was trying to shock my son or rub it in his face or what but they kept on with it interminably even when some young kids showed up. You know, do what you do but be an adult about it and have a little humility. I truly don't care what people do for sexual kicks in their private moments even if some would prob disgust me--hetero or homo--and I'm sure vice versa I might have the same effect on someone else. In our efforts to be whatever it is we are trying to be as a culture we are seemingly aggressively abandoning the notion of privacy. Happy Pride? Happy Robt E Lee's birthday? Nobody getting hurt, right? What's the problem?

Last edited:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I thinks it’s more than just fashionable at the moment, it’s what they teach the kids in schools and being crammed down our throats.
Not sure where you get this, brother. I've taught Grade 8 for 16 years and haven't detected any agenda amongst the staff. I teach the Sex-Ed component and like the rest of my colleagues don't look forward to it. I appreciate some in the profession do go over the top and they should be disciplined. I just haven't worked with any.

defcrew

Reaction score
Not sure where you get this, brother. I've taught Grade 8 for 16 years and haven't detected any agenda amongst the staff. I teach the Sex-Ed component and like the rest of my colleagues don't look forward to it. I appreciate some in the profession do go over the top and they should be disciplined. I just haven't worked with any.
My wife is retired from teaching K and there was a fair bit of consternation when a book called something like My Two Moms was being read to classes. I'm not sure if it was forced on the staff or not. They also had all kinds of drama about Christmas shows during the season. The word could not be spoken. This is Alabama. Just saying...