“Always on” delay pedal for les paul. Ideas please.

Lhdr

Reaction score
Something simple with not a lot of knobs. Repeating from as low as 80 or 100 up to maybe 800. 1 repeat kind of stuff. Used for blues, rock, mostly neck pickup burstbuckers. You know, that extra atmospheric quality. Something always on, that will work in any time signature. Used with Supro 1x12, Less than $200. This sounds like a dating advertisment.

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something simple with not a lot of knobs. Repeating from as low as 80 or 100 up to maybe 800. 1 repeat kind of stuff. Used for blues, rock, mostly neck pickup burstbuckers. You know, that extra atmospheric quality. Something always on, that will work in any time signature. Used with Supro 1x12, Less than $200. This sounds like a dating advertisment.
Not a delay, but the TC Electronic Drip Spring Reverb is nice as an always on atmospheric unit. Has a slight volume dip when engaged but that won’t matter if you plan on leaving it one.

Otherwise, their Echobrain or Gauss delays are fantastic as well.

Pancreas

Reaction score
Earthquaker Devices-Dispatch Master
I've had this pedal thru ALL of my various rigs. And it never disappoints. The most natural, beautiful sounding Delay/Reverb you'll ever hear.
EarthQuaker-Dispatch-Master.jpg

ARandall

Reaction score
Almost literally every delay/echo on the planet will fit your criteria.

And if you get a lot of responses you'll get more confused than you were at the start due to everyone recommending something different.

I'd simply watch a few youtube vids of the most common brands and find something that does enough at the best price. There are simply too many pedals about for your vague needs to narrow down the scope.

DavGrape

e pluribus concord
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Danelectro Peanut Butter & Jelly

pillbug

Reaction score
Maxon AD-9
Supro Analog Delay
TC Flashback
Echoplex

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty happy with my canyon pedal, tend to keep it on a slightly mod delay
Not only that, it’s got a lot of fx, and it’s a looper. I like the tape delay myself.

AcVox

Reaction score
The Maxon AD-80, I've found that analogue pedals are best for subtle single or double repeat echos that blend with all tempos.

Last edited:

ucsteve

Reaction score
Not only that, it’s got a lot of fx, and it’s a looper. I like the tape delay myself.
yeah i played with all that stuff for like 2 days, but settled on the mod delay. Just a touch of warble works for me

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My cheap little donner found a spot on my small board.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use a nux tape core for that, works really well, until it decides it time to start popping and crackling randomly after it been on a while.,

AcVox

Reaction score
I love my Nux Tape Core, (based on the Roland Space Echo) I forgot to mention that it's also a great "always on" pedal.
My Maxon AD-80 as I've mentioned in previous post is my other "always on" pedal.

Last edited:

MW110

Reaction score
I am sure you will get many suggestion here!
In the past 50 years or so, there was one pedal that a lot of LP players preferred to use as an always on device. Get a decent Range Master and you are done.
Also a Tonebender 2 or a high quality treble booster would be fine.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Carbon Copy
Ditto

MXR M169 Carbon Copy Analog Delay, buy once, be happy. Granted, only goes to a max of 600ms, but will go as quick as 20ms.

There is also a mini version, the M299

Last edited:

Latest Threads