‘56 Inspired Build

nuance97

Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve given a couple away...how many guitars does one man need right?

Lesterdelphia

Reaction score
Always have to convey my respect and admiration for folks who have the skill, knowledge, and artistry to create a build like that. It's gonna be killer for sure.....looking forward to following along with its creation.

eddie_bowers

Reaction score
What neck angle are you going to use? I was shooting for a 56ish build and the couple of real ones I saw had a nice shallow angle so the bridge P90 could sit deeper. (mine wasn't a complete scratch build)
I slightly misjudged and ended up too shallow. I had to grind a little off the bottom of my bridge to make it work. Oh well, it ultimately worked fine and is a great player.

nuance97

Premium Member
Reaction score
What neck angle are you going to use? I was shooting for a 56ish build and the couple of real ones I saw had a nice shallow angle so the bridge P90 could sit deeper. (mine wasn't a complete scratch build)
I slightly misjudged and ended up too shallow. I had to grind a little off the bottom of my bridge to make it work. Oh well, it ultimately worked fine and is a great player.
It’s @ 4 degrees. Should work out perfectly

dcomiskey

Reaction score
I’ve given a couple away...how many guitars does one man need right?
Uhhh.....as many as possible?!!??! :D

I’m curious about the top. Unless my eyes are playing tricks, you went with a non-book matched top. Why? I’m not being critical. I’m just curious that’s all. Can’t wait to see her finished!

nuance97

Premium Member
Reaction score

I’m curious about the top. Unless my eyes are playing tricks, you went with a non-book matched top. Why? I’m not being critical. I’m just curious that’s all. Can’t wait to see her finished!
The vintage guitar I referenced has a top (as best I could tell under the gold) with a flame pattern close to what this is, but mine will be gold in the end too so matching is irrelevant

nuance97

Premium Member
Reaction score

AB72D98E-D0CE-4F56-B799-3FF61A465B1B.jpeg

you can perhaps see by the checking pattern on the bass side of the top that there’s definitely some wild flame that runs at a slight upward angle from the center joint. The center joint is off-center slightly (which I didn’t replicate), and the cutaway side of the top is plain maple (no flame)...my top has some, but it’s subtle. It’s all I had around

Latest Threads