After searching and not finding anything on point, I have a question:
1. Are the stud locations for the tailpiece on LP a fixed distance from the pickup pocket, or does precision not truly matter? I have the Bartlett plans but I am not certain if I need to do a special measurement.
Need a little guidance:
1. Cut the binding channel and had a small bit of tear out. How would you handle this?
2. How do you route the binding channel on the neck with an already radiused fretboard?
3. I have the stewmac bindall glue but I have seen several posts about different glues for...
1. Router bits. For the pickup cavity/legs I used a 3/8 top bearing bit so that I could match the radius of template. However, the trade off is that the bit is only 1/2 in cutting length so I couldn't reach the full depth on the legs using the template.
Q: what do you do to avoid this problem...
First build, first fretboard. I don't know if these are ok or not.
I kinda think that if I am asking the question in my head, I won't be happy with them in the end and the fretboard isn't expensive to start over.
But, I know I don't have particular expertise so I could be obsessing over...
I knew better, I should have checked again.
Had a nice neck profile jig (ok, it definitely needs a redesign) and a follower sanding drum for my drill press. Things were going so well, until I profiled the neck too thin in one place and dagnabit, I have to start over.
I am thinking of going...
Good day. I apologize if this ground has been covered.
There used to be a great series of tutorials on youtube for 59 neck build that are no longer there.
I have watched Freddy's videos on building but wonder if there are other video resources the more experienced builders here would...
I've done some reading but some of the threads are older and some of the suppliers are no long in biz.
Can you share your best recent experiences with wood suppliers online?
I am looking for body and neck blanks. Do I need closer to 2 inches or are the blanks in the 1.75 thickness enough...
I am looking for a project for me and my pops to do.
Too long a backstory but I want to spend some needed quality time with my pop and he is an artist in the woodshop and has some luthier skills and I am handy as well.
If we're going to do it I want to have a great product at the end too...